My review of the Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary Design Contest Rifle is out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took mine to the range today. Shot about 100 rounds with no issues. Mine has a Power Customs drop-in kit, modified bolt release and a sling. All ready for an Appleseed event.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you like yours. I take it you had no issues getting yours to zero?

I didn't really mess with the irons yet. I had a Weaver 2-7x32 w/ QD rings that I wanted to mount and check the clearance. On my next day off I'll get the irons dialed in.

I have the Volquartsen bolt release/target hammer on the way. For $40, I think it's one of the best and cheapest upgrades for any 10/22 platform.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you wrote a great review and I am glad Ruger is partially listening to its clients. However, as currently configured, I still would purchase either a base model or takedown 10/22, and add tech sights and sling over the appleseed version. I love Appleseed by the way. I hope my family and I can attend again.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appleseeds are now on the schedule... Stillwater on March 28-29, and Tulsa and Chickasha on April 18-19. Links are posted in the Training sub-forum. More to come... we will have Norman in May and October as well, but it isn't posted yet.

Yeah, if I wanted another LTR, I would probably go with the base wood stock 10/22 carbine and Tech Sights too. But the main point of these "factory LTRs" is that people who don't like drilling and hammering on their new rifle can go out and buy one that is more or less "Appleseed ready" right out of the box. Plus it's cool that gun companies are responding to the demand.

See y'all on the firing line!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very well written and thorough. I'm more and more enjoying my rimfire guns now that my old eyes are ... well, now that they're old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom