Ruger's new 10/22 version. The "Appleseed Ruger"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just added Tec-Sights to my 10/22 Take-down model. For those familiar with the M-16A1/AR-15A1 type sights the front is adjustable for horizontal, and the rear is adjustable for left and right movement with two size peep holes no ghost ring. At 25yds she'll put one round almost on top of the other, at 50yds she'll stay under 2 inch's. Not bad for a plain jane 10/22 who's only special is that she brake's down into two halves.

I have the exact same set upon three take down models for the kids. Unbelievably accurate and easy for the kids to hit clays at 50 yards likes it nothing. Only wish ruger sold with the tech style sights to begin with. I know the appleseed version has aperture sights but they don't to be as easy to adjust as the tech sights.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine had it's first rounds put though it at an Appleseed last month, and did very well. The sights were dead on at 25m from the factory! I haven't even tried to adjust them yet, so I'm not sure what their adjustment values are. I'm guessing they will be real close to what they are on a Mini 14.

The threaded barrel is nice... we tried mine out with a suppressor, and it worked great. Cool little rifle... I think it's a keeper!

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Mine had it's first rounds put though it at an Appleseed last month, and did very well. The sights were dead on at 25m from the factory! I haven't even tried to adjust them yet, so I'm not sure what their adjustment values are. I'm guessing they will be real close to what they are on a Mini 14.

The threaded barrel is nice... we tried mine out with a suppressor, and it worked great. Cool little rifle... I think it's a keeper!

You gotta do a review on this for the Appleseed newsletter like the one you did for the 795 LTR.

This time with some video from the range trip and oh yeah, run it with a suppressor during some of the of the video of the range review!!!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I am doing the review on this rifle for the next Appleseed newsletter. I was actually thinking about doing a video too. If I do, there will definitely be some sweet suppressor action included!

Latest posts

Top Bottom