Ruger mkiii 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvindadio

Reloader
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a mk iii hunter and watched the Ruger video. I was amused when the guy from Ruger said that you don't need to take it down unless you shoot it excessively. It was like shoot a few thousand rounds before doing anything except what you can get aat without taking it apart. I put mine back together with the manual instructions. I'm hoping the non field strip cleanings will get me through lots of rounds.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a Ruger MK anything. Almost bought one at the gun show yesterday. After reading this thread and LOL and waking up the house, Then taking a internet tour reading about MKIII until my eyes are hurt. I must go back to show and buy one. LOL Thanks guys

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Never had a Ruger MK anything. Almost bought one at the gun show yesterday. After reading this thread and LOL and waking up the house, Then taking a internet tour reading about MKIII until my eyes are hurt. I must go back to show and buy one. LOL Thanks guys

Often people don't realize that on some models(22/45) the grips aren't replaceable. It probably won't matter to most, but it's a good thing to know before you buy, in case it might matter to someone.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you buy a older 22/45 the mags fall out, i had bought a new ruger MKIII and sold it for the older model, and i prefer the grip angle
the good news is you can shoot a lot of rounds before you need to strip it down for cleaning, just keep the barrel clean

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the good news is you can shoot a lot of rounds before you need to strip it down for cleaning, just keep the barrel clean

This is true,,,
Just hose it down with CLP,,,
Then swab the bore so it's not fouled.

www.aarondgraham.com_pics_130816_ModernDuelingPistols.jpg

My pair are on their 3rd 550 round bulk pack,,,
I just hose 'em out and re-oil 'em real good after every range trip.

Aarond

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the majestic arms takedown kit in mine, but I still try not to disassemble it.
I use a dental pick to scrape out chunks of gunk and then swab the bore and lightly lube.
It's been going strong for over 3k rounds so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom