Ruger mkiii 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have taken several of them apart many times. I've replaced every part in my Lite with the VQ parts. The night before a steel challenge match, I take it apart to clean. For the life of me, I could not get the damn thing back together. Spent like two hours. Took everything out of the frame to look for bent stuff and re-assembled. Same issue... A guy at the shoot was able to get it in operating condition in like 30 seconds...

However, I still love the gun. I hear the buckmarks aren't easy either.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took mine down once. I got it back together after a phone call to SMS. Tools required were a rubber mallet, a large phone book, and a 12 pack of beer.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I traded for one yesterday with my good buddy druryj. I really really like it, it's the all black one with the shorter barrel.

If it's the target barrel with the non replaceable grips and adjustable rear sights/target blade front sight, I've got the same one you do. Shoots like a dream at 25 yds with open sights. Major PITA to field strip for routine cleaning/storage at first, but it does get easier with experience. Picked it up(barely used) in excellent shape at a pawn shop for a steal.

You must learn to remain calm; young Grasshoppa's. :sunbath: Either YOU own the Ruger or the RUGER owns you

I sometimes feel guilty and conflicted knowing my good fortune is likely the result of someone who got frustrated, gave up and got owned, but their loss is my gain I guess.

Now if I could just find a steal on a 22/45 LITE pawned by somebody that got owned.:rubhands:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the exact same pistol,,,
But I never experienced the problems I read about.

Sure the process is intricate,,,
But if one follows the instructions in the manual,,,
It comes apart and reassembles with no problems at all.

My only real complaint is after two years I still need the manual,,,
So I scanned, printed and laminated those pages,,,
I keep them in the range bag the pistol is in,,,
And a copy in my cleaning supply case.

I know we men do not have the "read-the-instructions gene",,,
But the procedure are right there in the danged book,,,
Follow them exactly and it will not be a problem.

There are also two videos on the Ruger website,,,
Click here to go to the video page.

Aarond

Last edited:

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the more ou shoot it the easier it gets. My first pistol I bought when I moved here 20 years ago was a mark II, have put mor than 10,000 rds throught it & it almost takes itself apart now. I have a couple others I need to shoot the tar out off to lossen them up

Latest posts

Top Bottom