Ryan wins VP Debate!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what i got out of this pretend debate;

Biden knows how to debate and defend his running mate. He did good debate wise. He came across as a defender of Democratic platform ideals, mostly liberal ideals. He defended Obamas policies, as he should, hes the VP.

Ryan is not much of a debater, offered very weak defence of Romney. He didnt even defend GOP ideals. He could not speak for Romneys plan for anything. Why? Ryan stated that there isnt a plan but we have the "framework" for a plan. WTF, weeks before an election and Romney only has a framework. Romneys been running for 8 FREAKING YEARS!!!! This is why McCain beat Romney, NO PLAN.

Biden won because he defended Democratic Ideals and defended his running mate.

Ryan lost because he cannot defend Romneys "no plan" agenda. Ryan will drop out of politics, write a book and become a lobbiest or Fox news consultant.

I disagree slightly. Right or wrong I think Romney is actually leaving room for the Dems to have input in the plan. The best way to get someone to vote for something is to make them think something in it was their idea. Thus Romney is actually trying to get something done instead of lacing up the gloves.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its all spin now, i wonder if some of these people should be allowed to vote. Also think these groups and polls must be on somebodys payroll.

Agreed +20,000%.

One lady just said they contradicted each other and she didn't get any answers that she was looking for from either of them. Several of them fell along these lines even after Shawn Hannity laid out some concepts of what was said (pretty well too) and they still couldn't see any difference. The freaking contrast is like night and day! What on earth do you not understand people?!!!! They were all supposedly undecided and not one of them could make up their mind still yet. They were implying that they couldn't see any difference between the two. :faint: It's no wonder we are so eff'd...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you guys think back, no one presents their full plan before they take the office for the simple reason none of them know all the details. Obama did not, Bush did not, Clinton did not, etc, etc. They only give a general outline because that is all they can do until they have access to all the facts and details.

As for who won the debate, I am not sure either of them did. According to some independents I watched it with, Biden's attitude completely turned them off and the double teaming by Biden and the moderator gave Ryan a lot of sympathy. Ryan on the other hand let himself be cut off by both of them far to many times without pushing back. While Ryan managed to get in a few good points, his performance was weak. Not nearly as bad as Obama last week but not what he needed to do.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you guys think back, no one presents their full plan before they take the office for the simple reason none of them know all the details. Obama did not, Bush did not, Clinton did not, etc, etc. They only give a general outline because that is all they can do until they have access to all the facts and details.

As for who won the debate, I am not sure either of them did. According to some independents I watched it with, Biden's attitude completely turned them off and the double teaming by Biden and the moderator gave Ryan a lot of sympathy. Ryan on the other hand let himself be cut off by both of them far to many times without pushing back. While Ryan managed to get in a few good points, his performance was weak. Not nearly as bad as Obama last week but not what he needed to do.

I see your point, but disagree. I think he did exactly what he needed to do. And that would be not screw up. He accomplished his mission. Ryan looked like an adult and grampa Joe looked like the slick talking bafoon that he is.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

i agree, this is why VP debates are a joke.

If Romney wins, i feel like Ryan will be like all the rest of the VPs, insignificant. Other than acting as a detracter for the Prez, when was the last time any VP was anything other than a figure head?

I think every VP should be Sec. Of State.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i agree, this is why VP debates are a joke.

If Romney wins, i feel like Ryan will be like all the rest of the VPs, insignificant. Other than acting as a detracter for the Prez, when was the last time any VP was anything other than a figure head?

I think every VP should be Sec. Of State.

The VP is insignificant until the POTUS is rendered incapable of serving. Then you have to worry about who gets to run the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom