S&W 325 .45 ACP snubby revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous piece, bro! :clap3:

Just being nosy, what's the going price for one of those little fellers. :w000t:

They ain't cheap! I think the going price for a Night Guard is about $750. As I recall OAS had a .44 Mag (ouch!) and a 10mm. Big Boys had a .45 ACP and H&H has some .44 Specials (they are always a little more there). Bud's Gun Shop has more than one caliber and there are several on Gunbroker. Here's another shot of it and it's little brother. I have some Ahrends grips coming for the 396 and got lucky on the 442. I caught Craig Spegel as he was working on a run of Centennial grips and mine should be here soon.

[Broken External Image]

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't buy it... that's why they use Titanium in Jet engine rotors

have also been told by S&W customer service not to use certain cleaners on titanium cylinders. which is total BS... as Ti is all but inert.

It is not fair to compare jet engines to firearms. Jet engines operate at consistent temps and pressures whereas firearms have pressure and temp spikes that would destroy any jet engine. Furthermore, jet engines do not typically operate with solid particles like gun powder being blasted through at extreme speeds.

Inconel is another alloy used extensively in the hot section of jet engines. It is also used in the baffles of my 5.56 suppressors. Having seen both my blast baffle and the hot section of our engines, I can tell you that my suppressor lives the harder life by far. My blast baffles look like the surface of the moon and are eroding nicely. Our compressors look great on the other hand. I'd be happy to post pictures of my Inconel blast baffles if you don't buy the idea of erosion though.

As for the corrosion, Smith coats the Ti and Scandium parts with a coating that is supposed to add some measure of protection from stretching and flame cutting. That coating is what they are trying to keep you from damaging with the solvents.

Rob

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Night Guard is a nice looking revolver. With the plug and a set of wood grips I think the OP would be well served. I might even try one myself.

Did I just recommend a S&W with a IL? Sorta, maybe....Don't tell anyone, but I do have one (couldn't help myself) a S&W model 22-4 Thunder Ranch edition. That's why I was so interested in the plug and ease of installation, Thanks for the pics and review.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Night Guard is a nice looking revolver. With the plug and a set of wood grips I think the OP would be well served. I might even try one myself.

Did I just recommend a S&W with a IL? Sorta, maybe....Don't tell anyone, but I do have one (couldn't help myself) a S&W model 22-4 Thunder Ranch edition. That's why I was so interested in the plug and ease of installation, Thanks for the pics and review.

That's the same model I picked up earlier (mentioned in a previous post). It's a great shooter!! I have a plug and T-grips on the way for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom