S&W 686plus 357 Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryptoniteguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 686 that I'm looking at for a friend. The issue, when the cylinder assembly is opened, you can freely pull the yoke out and completely remove the cylinder assembly. I've seen on the larger revolvers, there are 3 screws on the side, and the one under the cylinder is what helps keep the yoke in. This revolver only has 2 screws, and doesn't seem to effect the yoke. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 686 that I'm looking at for a friend. The issue, when the cylinder assembly is opened, you can freely pull the yoke out and completely remove the cylinder assembly. I've seen on the larger revolvers, there are 3 screws on the side, and the one under the cylinder is what helps keep the yoke in. This revolver only has 2 screws, and doesn't seem to effect the yoke. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have not looked this up in the book, isn't there a screw on the side plate where it would be where the yoke is? Perhaps the screw has been sheered or is warn? Do you have a photo?

Latest posts

Top Bottom