S&W SD9VE... Thoughts?... I'm thinking of getting one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard a ton of bad about the Sigma.. but I have seen a feww good posts about the SD9VE... what have you guys found that own this gun?

This guy says its a cheaper Glock ( SD40VE ).... hmmmmm... is that after the trigger job?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had the original all black SD9 and it was a solid shooter. Super accurate and reliable. The only reason I git rid of it was that my thumb always hit the mag release while firing and the slide wouldn't lock back on the last round as a result. Not the guns fault, just the grip I use when I shoot. I know they downgraded a little on the VE, but as I understand it it's still the same gun inside. I don't think you can go wrong for the money.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the older Sigmas in 9mm. I can't get that thing to fail and I've abused it. These look tough to beat for $300.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
would you say it was on par with the G19?

I am sure the Glock snubs will start flaming this one....LOL

Not flaming you, but it's nowhere near the pistol a Glock 19 is. It is what it is; a cheap pistol; that for most people, would probably be okay as a home defense gun or truck gun maybe. Would I carry it as a CCW piece? NO. I'd save up and get a better quality gun; if not a Glock, then an M&P instead; if you wanna go polymer frame. My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom