S&W SD9VE... Thoughts?... I'm thinking of getting one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Undoubtedly, the trigger is awful - but I've never felt the pistol was lacking in "quality", fit or finish.

Gonna have to agree with this, save the trigger, Glock has nothing over these guns in any sort of quality, and they actually have halfway decent sights.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the older Sigma's as stash around the house guns and just sold them to get the SD9VE. 8 lb trigger much better than the Sigma 12 lb trigger. I have 4 of them and they actually shoot great.
ARG

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The SD9 is NOT a Sigma. While not perfect, the trigger of the SD9 is not comparable to the Sigma's. The two guns are similar, but not the same. That said, an Apex kit really smoothed the trigger of mine out.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good info about the Apex kit however in my case where used as a self defense firearm I would be worried that any modification, especially to the trigger pull could hurt you in court by the bad guys legal team. For a range gun for fun the Apex kit would be an improvement but for self defense I chose to leave mine as is which is not really all that bad.

ARG

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good info about the Apex kit however in my case where used as a self defense firearm I would be worried that any modification, especially to the trigger pull could hurt you in court by the bad guys legal team. For a range gun for fun the Apex kit would be an improvement but for self defense I chose to leave mine as is which is not really all that bad.

ARG

It doesn't make it a hair trigger or anything like that. It mostly just makes it have a smoother and more consistent pull. It really is worth it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ARG

The paranoia is strong in these parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom