sand plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
since we're talking about when stuff ripens ,when do sand plums ripen?
i'm from Osage county originally and we didn't have them. went to my new lease(woodward county) for the first time this morning and they're every where.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it depends on the area. I was seeing em ripen in mid June and some are just now ripening. This is even in relatively the same area. When they turn a red color they are ripe. The deeper the red, usually the sweeter they are. I picked a 6 gallon bucket almost full for my mom and grandma to make jelly. I don't think they were very happy I brought home so many.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it depends on the area. I was seeing em ripen in mid June and some are just now ripening. This is even in relatively the same area. When they turn a red color they are ripe. The deeper the red, usually the sweeter they are. I picked a 6 gallon bucket almost full for my mom and grandma to make jelly. I don't think they were very happy I brought home so many.
so in short order they will be gone?

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to eat them. They're a little bitter for some people's taste, but I eat some as I pick them. The sand plums on my places were ready about 2-3 weeks ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom