Santorum's Wife Sued Doctor For $500,000, Despite Senator's Calls For Tort Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His name is William Anton, I think 10years, shouldn't be hard to find.

Also, kids dying in states custody after having terrible attorney does not equal a Dr. Directly inflicting physical harm on a patient.

Isn't the state at fault for their wellbeing if they're in states custody?

I did not mean to imply that a bad attorney was the same as a Dr. directly inflicting harm.
Kelsey's Law, enacted after her death,(R.I.P.) was to assure that all children in Deprived/abuse cases had appointed lawyers with specific duties of investigating etc. to assure the child's "Best Interest" and safety, doesn't appear to be working huh?
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=455505

And yes the State is responsible for the child. And the children's lawyers are either P.D's or from a private group approved by the Court. There are questions about that group since it's leader serves on the Juvenile Law Reform Committee in the legislature which wrote the laws that allowed the "unnecessary removals" cited by the performance audit of DHS as the cause of the overload of the system,(the entire Children's Code was then rewritten) conflict of interest?
The leader and other members of that group,(including the lawyer removed from Mr. Hall's children's case) also brought the class action suit against DHS with Children's Rights.org. They're the children's lawyers, why didn't they report the issues or find some way to fix things without it costing us millions? One of the claims in the lawsuit was lack of proper legal representation of children, ironic?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not my area of expertise. Don't know one thing about family law, DHS, or any related area. Sorry.

You could join Tulsa Lawyers for Children, they'll train you for free. If you're half as good as you imply they need someone like you.
How about Civil Rights?, that's the basis of most suits,(combined with wrongful death) against DHS.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know if lawyers take an oath or not :anyone:

But shouldnt justice prevail over profit even for capitalists as well
?

Or are they above the law?

Yes lawyers take a specific oath.

And a capitalist job isn't about justice, it's about making money any way that fits their morals and as best they can find loopholes, skirt regulations, or just get away with. The recent settlement in the Aquila lawsuit involving H. Cain and the many banking industry settlements are good examples.

Herman Cain Company, Aquila, Settled Lawsuits Over Retirement Plan, Gas Price Manipulation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/21/herman-cain-aquila-gas-utility_n_1104860.html

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lawyers get sued for malpractice all the time. I used to handle some legal malpractice claims.

Okay, serious question: If I file an appeal on the outcome of a trial on the basis that my attorney screwed the pooch, does that automatically give me a case to sue for malpractice?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a little truth to that statement. However, another problem is the unrealistic expectations some clients have regarding the value of their cases in today's enviornment. On another note, I doubt you'd want damages capped if a bad doctor injured you. Truth be told, I don't believe anyone here can honestly say they'd support caps if it impacted them personally.
Do you think any of the unrealistic expectations the clients have come from the lawyers trying to get their business? I've seen lots of stories on forums where the lawyer told them they'd get big money if they signed with them and once they did the client is pressured to settle out of court for a very small percentage of the promised amount. They seem to feel the lawyer is just looking for the quick, easy buck. Why work for 1/3 of $100k when you can take 1/3 of $30k with almost no effort and run?

I can tell you I had NO realistic expectations of what my claim is worth but if I go see a lawyer in person to discuss it with him, it's worth $10-25k more than the previous lawyer after I tell him that amount. If I keep shopping, it could be worth millions. LOL

I will agree with your last statement though. I am not for caps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom