Savage 10FP .308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
damn nice 4 shot group there. was the straggler your first shot of the bunch? that thing looks awesome with the fluting and the break. how much did that cost if you don't mind my asking? can't wait to get my savage 10FCP out to the range.

brokeasswhiteboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice write up. You may or may not be interested in this... but CDi Precision is now making AI mag compatible bottom metal for our rifles. I just finished installing one on my 10FCP in HS stock over the weekend. There was a noticeable difference in the feeding over the factory DBM.

Link: http://cdiprecisiongunworks.com/c1/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Midway USA has them in stock, with same price as mfg direct @ $289 with magazine

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...goryString=649***20766***9146***&brandId=2801

and a pic of my finished product. It looks like it doesn't fit right, but that is due to the profile of the stock. The bottom metal is parallel to the action as it should be.

With 5 round AICS mag
ai36.tinypic.com_2958qbc.jpg

With 10 round AICS Mag
ai37.tinypic.com_21j6tjn.jpg

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how much did that cost if you don't mind my asking? can't wait to get my savage 10FCP out to the range.

I looked at the invoice and it is a 10FCP and Eric at OPS got me otd after taxes and shipping well below the MSRP for the 10FCP on Savages website.

I have an appointment with some Black Hills match .308 in a couple of weeks, I will post pics. My brother is bringing his Remmy PSS and I will do a side by side comparison if we have time.

I LOVE THIS RIFLE!

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice write up. You may or may not be interested in this... but CDi Precision is now making AI mag compatible bottom metal for our rifles. I just finished installing one on my 10FCP in HS stock over the weekend. There was a noticeable difference in the feeding over the factory DBM.

With 10 round AICS Mag
ai37.tinypic.com_21j6tjn.jpg

I want!, I want!, I want!!!!!!

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I took my Savage to the range today with a box of Federal Gold Match 168 grain SMK's at 100 yards out at Happy Hollow. Here are the results...

Groups one and two, four rounds each. Group one was 0.23" and group two was 0.42".
[Broken External Image]

The first round of group three bullseyed the x and I got really excited then proceeded to make a half moon with the remaining 4 rounds :lookaroun, group three was 0.255".
[Broken External Image]

Groups four and five were made on my PoBoy bullseyes. Group 4 was 0.27" and group 5 was 0.21"
[Broken External Image]

I calculated the groups by determining the center of each group then measuring the distance from center of group to the center of each hole and using the mean average.

I added all of the distances together then divided by 20 (# of rounds fired total) and had a net group size of 0.2953" for the day.

This is an out of the box Savage with a rifle noob behind the stock, imagine what a good shooter could do with this rifle!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think your group size measurements may be a little off. Just measure the widest part of the group with a caliper and then subtract one bullet diameter.

Group 2 is probably closer to 1.5" than 0.4" based on the .30 diameter of the bullets and estimation.

ETA: The largest group you show is 0.42". 0.42 + 0.308 = 0.728" The diameter of a dime is about 0.705". This means a dime should cover every group you had except group 2 should be just a hair bigger than the dime.

Also, not knocking your shooting at all. It looks good, but I think your size method is flawed somehow. Nice looking smoke pole too.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Wonder If That Stock Will Fit On My Non-accustock/trigger Savage 10fp?

I Am On The Hunt For A New Stock And Not Licking The $300+ Prices For The Aftermarket Ones, Plus I Would Love To Be Able To Get A Magazine Into Mine With Some Extra Rounds.

You Will Love Those Burris Xtr Rings, That Is What I Used To Mount My Burris Tac30 Scope On My 10fp.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to On Target software that lets you scan in your targets and helps calculate groups sizes, your groups are more like the following:

Group 1:
H 0.656"
W 0.399"
MOA 0.721

Group 2:
H 0.553"
W 1.506"
MOA 1.440

Group 3:
H 0.589"
W 0.462"
MOA 0.631

Group 4:
H 0.933"
W 0.512"
MOA 0.953

Group 5:
H 0.644"
W 0.670"
MOA 0.719

I agree with dustin that your groups are very good for a stock rifle. However, your measuring system definitely seems flawed and not producing accurate group sizes. If you are interested in the program I used, click here for the download.

Latest posts

Top Bottom