School is teaching the kids That Americans dont have right to bear arms!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Student lessons and worksheets that support the "living Constitution" doctrine are not uncommon in curriculum I've seen over the last couple of decades. Also not uncommon for teachers to use "old" resources and this one was probably published before Heller. I've seen many like it over the last 25 years of teaching. More likely the teacher just using a resource for a one day lesson than on a mission to indoctrinate students. But, intentional or not, it doesn't lessen the importance of what many students are being taught.

I've read many U.S. History and government textbooks. In my experience some do use subtle misleading statements and in a few cases use outright incorrect information presented as fact.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What factually incorrect crapola? The pages were blank.
I should've been more clear: the crapola is in the article quoted above (re: 2A issues), not in the blank text book.
Of the stuff that was in science books...what was wrong? What books?
You'd have to go read Feynman's autobiography; it has been awhile, but I don't think he mentioned any specific titles--his commentary was more on the broken system than on the books themselves. One specific thing that I do recall him reporting was a textbook with a section on stars, and how the color of the star is related to it temperature, giving the examples stars at (I don't recall the actual numbers) X Kelvin glow blue, stars at Y Kelvin glow yellow, and stars at Z Kelvin glow green--which, he says, would be true if there were any green stars.

BTW, if you want some interesting insights on how broken the DC bureaucracy is, check out his second autobiography, What Do You Care What Other People Think?, particularly the part about his involvement with the committee investigating the Challenger disaster...

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's another reason I'm glad I live in Oklahoma.

Comon core is here in Edmond full on next school year and they have begun some aspects already. We've yanked our kids and are doing school online that we can choose and control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's fairly common for the Second Amendment to be the only one in which it seems to be a guidline for a state or government to have a militia or National Guard, whereas the other amendments definitely are seen as being directed at the individual.

Anti-gunners sem to hem and haw when asked to explain why the 2A is written to give a government rights, whereas the other ones aren't. :)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care if it was a lesson or a worksheet, it should have never been used. The teacher should be fired for even using it. If they were too dumb to realize what they were doing then they don't need to teach. But I am sure they knew exactly what they were doing. Things like this shouldn't just be brushed to the side like they aren't a big deal. Everything that is against the 2A is a big deal.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comon core is here in Edmond full on next school year and they have begun some aspects already. We've yanked our kids and are doing school online that we can choose and control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Common core has been in Moore for awhile.

Two years ago, when my son was in 4th grade, I came home from work and had this conversation:

Him: Dad, are your guns registered?
Me:<laughter> No
Him: You need to get them registered so you don't go to jail.
Me: Ummm.....Whaaaat?
Him: You need to get your guns registered so you don't go to jail.
Me: And who told you this?
Him: My Social Studies teacher at school.
Me: And how did this conversation happen?
Him: We were talking about the constitution and the 2nd amendment. She said people could own guns but they had to have a permit and the guns had to be registered.

At this point I started a dialog with the teacher to ask about this conversation.

She said they were talking about the 2A and she was explaining that the right to keep and bear arms, meant the right to own guns with a permit and they had to be registered.

I then informed her that there was no federal registration as it was deemed unconstitutional. Some states required registration but Oklahoma wasn't one of them. Also told her that some states required a permit to own guns, but Oklahoma wasn't one of them. The only permit OK had was for carrying a concealed handgun. Even offered to discuss the issue further with her.....no response.

The next week on their amendment test, she had the 2nd listed as "Right to own guns with permit". Sent an email to the principal complaining, no response. Saw him a couple weeks later and asked about it...he said he wasn't sure how to respond.

For this an a few other reasons, our kids will be home schooled after 3rd grade. We are using K12 for their online school.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This irritates me to no end. We know they have false & misleading information they are giving students, our children. When is enough gonna be enough. When will the people's voices actually be heard when we speak out against these things? We are supposed to have a voice in all this yet politicians keep operating under the premise that we do not know whats best for us, only they do. This is not what they are elected to do & they are ruining a entire country for what? Political achievement? Greed? Power? It's far past the time the people took back control & put them in their places. It's one thing to attempt to lie to grown adults it's another to teach false things to our children.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Common core has been in Moore for awhile.

Two years ago, when my son was in 4th grade, I came home from work and had this conversation:

Him: Dad, are your guns registered?
Me:<laughter> No
Him: You need to get them registered so you don't go to jail.
Me: Ummm.....Whaaaat?
Him: You need to get your guns registered so you don't go to jail.
Me: And who told you this?
Him: My Social Studies teacher at school.
Me: And how did this conversation happen?
Him: We were talking about the constitution and the 2nd amendment. She said people could own guns but they had to have a permit and the guns had to be registered.

At this point I started a dialog with the teacher to ask about this conversation.

She said they were talking about the 2A and she was explaining that the right to keep and bear arms, meant the right to own guns with a permit and they had to be registered.

I then informed her that there was no federal registration as it was deemed unconstitutional. Some states required registration but Oklahoma wasn't one of them. Also told her that some states required a permit to own guns, but Oklahoma wasn't one of them. The only permit OK had was for carrying a concealed handgun. Even offered to discuss the issue further with her.....no response.

The next week on their amendment test, she had the 2nd listed as "Right to own guns with permit". Sent an email to the principal complaining, no response. Saw him a couple weeks later and asked about it...he said he wasn't sure how to respond.

For this an a few other reasons, our kids will be home schooled after 3rd grade. We are using K12 for their online school.

Good on you for the plan to get your kids out of govt schools. If you don't mind, why after 3rd grade? I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I really would like to know your reasoning. Thanks.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the common core stuff has been in the works for a few years but has started being implemented this year. My last year in the public school system was 2011-2012 and our district was going to start in 2012-2013. Strangely, I was not around for that transition.

@toehanus

Latest posts

Top Bottom