Schools questioning children

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do any of us know how this parent raised their kid? We don't unless we know them. Yes the kid made a mistake. That's what kids do sometimes. I know I was raised right and I did some stupid things. Nobody is perfect. As long as the kid learns and the parent does as well I don't see a big problem with what happened. But to get on here and call someone a bad parent and a moron is uncalled for in my books. I used to work with a man in his late 30's and he would carry a 22.250 round or two in his pocket. I don't know why he did it but he did. Is he a moron and a bad person because of it? I don't think so.

Let's be clear here, sure..kids make mistakes. Who DOESN'T? Also, we aren't talking about school systems back from 15+ years ago and longer, way longer for a larger percent of members here. I used to carry around a pocket knife, and had a shot gun in the back glass of my truck parked on school property. This isn't the time when you can just get away with little "oopies", that a kid being a kid bull ****. It doesn't work, and you see it in the news each and every day, and anyone that tries to claim other wise is in denial.

And good for that late 30 year old MAN that carries a 22.250 round in his pocket, that has any bit of relevance to a child in school how? Now tell me how that late 30 year old man walks into a court house or flies on a plane with that same round in his pocket, and then the repercussions when someone finds out. You can bet you ass you aren't going to get treated the best. THAT is the modern world we live in. Grasp at different straws and at least try to make an intelligent argument. Did I say that man you were talking about was a moron, or a bad person, or anything of the like? Try again.

Yes, though, my thoughts and feelings still stand. It is the parents responsibility to know what you CHILD takes to school with them. We aren't talking about a teenager that is sneaking stuff out of the house, into the car, then to school (but yeah, they are still your responsibility then even too). OP is talking about an elementary aged child. My son is 6, I know what he has in his pockets and backpack EVERY FRIGGEN DAY when I drop him off at school. Why? Because I, and NO ONE else, is responsible for what he brings to school. Yes, even his actions now CAN have direct repercussions for the rest of his life. My son got his first knife, you can bet your ass it was in his front pocket the weekend after he got it, he was going to bring it to school. I had the common friggen sense to know that yes, that was going to happen. Sadly, trying to explain to a 6yr old why you can't talk to you friends about getting your first knife or going shooting with dad and grandpa that weekend in school is a bad thing is a hard concept for a kid to understand.

ALL parents (including myself) make bad parenting decisions, it's gonna happen, and this is one of them. You live and you learn. I'd feel like a moron if my son went to school with that knife in his pocket. I'd feel like a moron if my kid went to school with ammo in his pocket too after spending the weekend shooting with me, too! Why, because I know better. Kids put **** in the pockets! That's nothing new, it's not a foreign concept. Plain and simple. Kids being kids is an out dated excuse for parents not being parents. Sure, kids are going to do what kids are going to do, but at the end of the day, it's up to the parent to (TRY) make the right decisions and proactively parent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom