Schools questioning children

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man, boy am I ever hungry. This new diet is killing me making me a grumpy ass! From the people I know on this forum and have met in person, they can attest I'm a pretty mean guy :chop: (lol) ...especially when I'm hungry.

If someone can't take being called a moron...well, sorry your little feelings got hurt! Calling someone a moron is pretty small compared to some of the other things said on this forum.

images.png
I suffer from the same disease, but I've also been told I am a pretty mean guy. You wouldn't know this since I am pretty new here.

I think the reason your words were scrutinized in this situation is because the guy is a noob. 1st post was this bomb.
That can rub people the wrong way, which I understand. I am usually on my best behavior when I first meet someone, unless I'm super hungry and I know I will get food within the next 10 mins :)

shooter4

New to the site!
Reaction score
No offense taken guys and I appreciate the feedback. Sorry that this is my first post, I've looked at okshooters for several years, even bought a couple items from some members through the classifieds, just hadn't taken the time to sign up. To clarify, I am certainly NOT trying to make any money off of a situation, nor am I trying to excuse or look past any failings on my part. I was however concerned about the way they questioned my son.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 47287
I suffer from the same disease, but I've also been told I am a pretty mean guy. You wouldn't know this since I am pretty new here.

I think the reason your words were scrutinized in this situation is because the guy is a noob. 1st post was this bomb.
That can rub people the wrong way, which I understand. I am usually on my best behavior when I first meet someone, unless I'm super hungry and I know I will get food within the next 10 mins :)

Yeah, I don't care if it was his first or 4,000th post. I've seen PLENTY of people run other people off with less than 5 posts all the way to 100s and 1ks of posts, and for stuff not dearly as moronic as this. (Yes, I had to include moron in there again, because I'm a mean person....) If a person doesn't want scrutinized over a post, they probably shouldn't post it on a public forum (don't see me crying...yet ;) ) , where it is open for the world to see. Better leaving that to a behind closed door conversation of a lawyer, which just so happens to be the only person that could really do a damn thing about it in the first place! If a person posts on a forum, they better be ready to hear at least from so people negative comments towards their post.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not just TOTALLY mean and I go around a kicking little old ladies, or making a habit out of telling people they are morons. Actually, I'm quite the opposite. But the op is almost, and I mean almost, as stupid as the guy that wanted to bash teachers. Sometimes things just hit the right spot in some people where they feel deeply enough about something they speak up. Responsible gun ownership, and training and teaching your kids that responsibility is something I feel deeply about. This is a fail in that regard, and that fail just falls back on the OP being a moron (oh no, i said it again.) because ultimately he/she/they/it/person (see i can be PC, considerate, and gentlemen like) is to blame for the ammo being accessible to that 6-11 yr old kid to take to school.

(Ok, all this being mean has made me even more hungry. Damn I really like food too much for this diet crap.)

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't care if it was his first or 4,000th post. I've seen PLENTY of people run other people off with less than 5 posts all the way to 100s and 1ks of posts, and for stuff not dearly as moronic as this. (Yes, I had to include moron in there again, because I'm a mean person....)
But the op is almost, and I mean almost, as stupid as the guy that wanted to bash teachers.

...just falls back on the OP being a moron (oh no, i said it again.)
(Ok, all this being mean has made me even more hungry. Damn I really like food too much for this diet crap.)

If you're hungry, why don't you go eat a big ol' bowl of dicks?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA! Where we bithc about the world being too PC, and then jump all over a guy for hurting someone's feelers.

As far as the OP... You ducked up, your kid ducked up, and the school ducked up. It happens. I suggest scheduling a sit down with the principal and superintendent.

Cut the harsh name calling out please......

Boooo, that's the best part :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense taken guys and I appreciate the feedback. Sorry that this is my first post, I've looked at okshooters for several years, even bought a couple items from some members through the classifieds, just hadn't taken the time to sign up. To clarify, I am certainly NOT trying to make any money off of a situation, nor am I trying to excuse or look past any failings on my part. I was however concerned about the way they questioned my son.

Hang in there. It will get better.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hey, you came back for a second post, officially welcome!

I would do as another suggested and get a sit down with the super and principal at the very least.

You didn't go into any detail on how they questioned him, so did they just startle him a bit, or what exactly happened? To me, there is a VERY thin line to cross, as they are first and foremost worried about why a kid is bringing ammo to school (once again don't know how they found out in the first place). Slippery slope.

It makes me think about that same situation with my kids, except my kid isn't the one bringing the ammo to school. Other kids/parents/facility/the resource officer don't really know what the intentions are, weather an innocent mistake, or foul play. Being another parent knowing a situation like that happened, would you rather the resource officer air on the side of caution? Sadly, we live in a day and age where elementary kids have brought guns to school and shot other kids, albeit not common, but no school shooting is and that is what they are trying to prevent. That's the real sad part. By the sounds of it though, it sounds like you weren't contacted either during or after the confrontation with the resource officer though, which I would be absolutely furious about.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Sounds like both you and your son learned something out of it though. Now to find out the school's side of it.

Edit: To ask a question, did they contact you AT ALL about the situation? If you talk to the school, I'd be interested to hear their position and what they though the appropriate approach was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom