Scope for AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not looking to break the piggy, just want a decent, inexpensive, yet good quality optic for my AR. Any reccomendations on rail mount an/or handle mounted? What do you use? Thanks.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bushnell Legend 5x15 mil-dot for $170 or so, has to be the max bang for the buck.

optics is almost good as $$$ 4200 elite... mechanics is not quite as smooth. main drawback is size... it's a large scope.

works real nice with a flat top AR... get a Leupold if you've got the $$$.

I've got a spare 5x15 legend in mint condition. please email if interested.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would def. suggest a flat top mount over the carry handle if you are going to do more medium to long range shooting. If you are going to be shooting up close and personal, then you may want the option of the irons. I have had scopes mounted both ways, and you get a better cheek weld with the flat top mount.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is what I have, on a flattop mount, a Leopold 3-9 rifleman scope. I use this in the practical rifle matches, as well as for hunting etc, and it works great. IMO flattop is the only way to go, carry handle mounts make the gun more bulky, expose the scope to being damaged easier, and present a number of shooting problems.

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
carry handle mounts are just too high. I would not trust any company who puts their name on a cheap optic.Nice glass on a chinese tube is what you get.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm running a Weaver Classic V Series 1-3 on one of my carbines. It was $150 from SWFA and is a killer piece of glass for the money.

http://swfa.com/Weaver-1-3x20-Classic-V-Rifle-Scope-P2864.aspx

Midway has some reviews on it. I was looking at this one or the DMS-1, but the DMS is a real chunk of metal. It weights over a pound...the Weaver is less than half that. Plus it doesn't take batteries...

Latest posts

Top Bottom