Scope for AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm running a Weaver Classic V Series 1-3 on one of my carbines. It was $150 from SWFA and is a killer piece of glass for the money.

http://swfa.com/Weaver-1-3x20-Classic-V-Rifle-Scope-P2864.aspx

Midway has some reviews on it. I was looking at this one or the DMS-1, but the DMS is a real chunk of metal. It weights over a pound...the Weaver is less than half that. Plus it doesn't take batteries...

After reading the reviews and looking at the under$140 price tag at midway. It worth looking reall hard at.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading the reviews and looking at the under$140 price tag at midway. It worth looking reall hard at.

I'm telling you, man, it's a diamond in the rough...the rough being cheap optics.

Throw it in some Burris XTR rings and it is sweet.

I like the DMS a whole lot, but the thing is a tank @ 18 oz.

The Weaver does the same thing at 8 oz. and I think the clarity better. It doesn't have the ninja-tacticool illuminated donut reticle, but I don't care.

I've never shot with a DMS-1, but I have handled/fondled a couple.

Apples and oranges...

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be prepared to have the Burris mount backordered for a long time.

Midway has the Model 1 mount in stock, however, and it's $65. Needs to be lapped, though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Nikon Coyote 3X9 with camo'd rings, and camo'd 1/2 inch riser for the Rem R15, and a one piece Armalite AR15 rings and base sporting a Nikon Monarch 6X24 on the other.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010038.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_IMG_0127.jpg

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the Wally World scopes around $100 give or take $25, would those be worth checking into? BSA, Weaver, and some others around $80-$130?

Latest posts

Top Bottom