Scope for AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay the $200-$300, even $150 is way to high for my wallet as of right now. Is there a sight/red dot scope that is worth the money out there? Thanks for you alls input! PS its for a AR15 16" upper.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went with a Larue SPR mount and a Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm scope.

Works extremely well for what it is intended, all purpose rifle.

I'm pretty sure the scope and mount combo was about ~$400

agkasper.smugmug.com_photos_380155910_rgQTL_L.jpg

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For this price range a Truglo 2X unit from Natchezz.com will be your best bet. I picked on of these up before I got my first eotech and I was very happy with the quality of it. They should be right at $100 now, I bought mine back when they were $69.95.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It worked fine for me on my AR and now on my friends .22 pistol and I have not noticed any of the issues that you have mentioned. I hope you realize it is supposed to be used with both eyes open and not like a traditional scope.

Anyways good luck with your scope search harrybear!

Reaction score
HarryBear, you STILL haven't said what type of rifle is this going to be? Are you definitely running with a 1x ESD or what? So it's a CQB rifle then. In that case, keep it lightweight & simple.

If so's, there's quite a few threads around the net on the best value basic red dot. Seem to recall that some like the Millett. What you're looking for is primarily lack of parallax error, and nice clean edges to the dot, and tube size, which increases field of view. But the latter is of minimal importance. Oh, and as always, tracking/repeatability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom