Serious Question, Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To give an employee who has worked for a company for 4 years the option of being demoted and losing their title or giving 2 weeks notice?

Is it still legal when they are doing it because they are replacing said employee (female) with a male they are paying more money? One who was with the company for a few weeks and called in and was late consistently, and then was let go, and brought back? If so we have a whacked out system indeed.

Union? No? Better get used to it.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Union? No? Better get used to it.

I know, part of the reason I am going to do the structural engineering certification here in the fall is so I can get a government job to pay my way.

Taking most of the summer to brush up on most of the cold hard data I do need to know off the top of my head, I have spent to much time designing and building our own structures to such an extreme, that actual dead and live load capabilities are irrelevant, unless someone crashes a C-130 into the roof, its gonna do just fine.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma is a right to work state, they don't have to give you a reason at all.

right to werk has Nothing to do with giving a reason for termination
it means you dont have to pay union dues, thats about all, its not even a right its a law

.its theyre company, but I would try to sue the shat out of them...about$3.6mil would work

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because twisted favoritism does not exist? Or because females always screw up? My wife has done nothing to warrant this, her biggest mistake made in the last 6 months, is not ordering some more wristbands, when they had plenty it is so insignificant that they had a surplus of them still as always, when the new ones arrived.

Because she puts in her orders slightly ahead of schedule anyways, for just that reason. It is something that has happened multiple times when others did it in the 2 years before she became a front line staff manager.

She covered for EVERY woman that had children in the last 2 years during their maternity leave, when they returned she still did parts of every single one of their jobs. She was on beck and call weekends, answering emails and phone calls on "days off", all without being a SALARIED manager, they still only paid her hourly and gave her ok benefits, she did just recently put me on her benefits as well as hers were cheaper and better than mine, probably another factor if you want more of the story.

and it still holds true ....No good deed goes unpunished......Good Luck to you both

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma is a right to work state, they don't have to give you a reason at all.

"Right to work" has nothing to do with this scenario. Look up "at-will employment".

Is the male employee who is replacing her also being demoted from a higher position? This sounds like a reduction in position caused by a reduction in force. Better to have a job with a later opportunity to regain her previous title than to lose everything.

LL

Latest posts

Top Bottom