Serious Question, Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To give an employee who has worked for a company for 4 years the option of being demoted and losing their title or giving 2 weeks notice?

Is it still legal when they are doing it because they are replacing said employee (female) with a male they are paying more money? One who was with the company for a few weeks and called in and was late consistently, and then was let go, and brought back? If so we have a whacked out system indeed.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing else to the story really.

Wife works for a Major Non-Profit That Deals with Science in the City (guess) they gave her the option today.

She has been a loyal employee for them, called in sick maybe 4 times in as many years, and she deals with thousands of kids so do the math on how many times she worked sick to the core. The male was hired before Christmas, and then QUIT one week ago because he wanted more $, and was brought back just today, and then they drop this on my wife.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma is a right to work state, they don't have to give you a reason at all.

Yes but if the reason is they did not want to pay her more money (which she wanted) is because she was female, and then gave it to male, is a whole different ballgame, it is called sexism, did I mention my wife is a minority and none of her superiors or the man replacing her is?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is always more to the story. If you dont want to tell, or arent sure thats fine, but there must be a reason they want to pay more money for somebody who is less qualified.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The short answer for your short explanation is I would call an attorney and discuss the possibility of a sex and minority discrimination case with them. Depending on her age she may also be able to file an age discrimination case also.

Many years ago I had a similar situation. It took a couple of years but I recieved a handsome settlement from a company that treated me in a similar manner. And I only fell within one of the three categories your wife may fall into.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because twisted favoritism does not exist? Or because females always screw up? My wife has done nothing to warrant this, her biggest mistake made in the last 6 months, is not ordering some more wristbands, when they had plenty it is so insignificant that they had a surplus of them still as always, when the new ones arrived.

Because she puts in her orders slightly ahead of schedule anyways, for just that reason. It is something that has happened multiple times when others did it in the 2 years before she became a front line staff manager.

She covered for EVERY woman that had children in the last 2 years during their maternity leave, when they returned she still did parts of every single one of their jobs. She was on beck and call weekends, answering emails and phone calls on "days off", all without being a SALARIED manager, they still only paid her hourly and gave her ok benefits, she did just recently put me on her benefits as well as hers were cheaper and better than mine, probably another factor if you want more of the story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom