Serious Question, Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because twisted favoritism does not exist? Or because females always screw up? My wife has done nothing to warrant this, her biggest mistake made in the last 6 months, is not ordering some more wristbands, when they had plenty it is so insignificant that they had a surplus of them still as always, when the new ones arrived.

Because she puts in her orders slightly ahead of schedule anyways, for just that reason. It is something that has happened multiple times when others did it in the 2 years before she became a front line staff manager.

She covered for EVERY woman that had children in the last 2 years during their maternity leave, when they returned she still did parts of every single one of their jobs. She was on beck and call weekends, answering emails and phone calls on "days off", all without being a SALARIED manager, they still only paid her hourly and gave her ok benefits, she did just recently put me on her benefits as well as hers were cheaper and better than mine, probably another factor if you want more of the story.

I hope you have not confused my statement as an attack on the integrity of your beloved or in the truthfulness of your post.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you have not confused my statement as an attack on the integrity of your beloved or in the truthfulness of your post.

Not really, just a pretty **** situation at the moment, you know her entire life was her work, she loved that place, and actually cared, part of why she did so much and worked long hours and tons of overtime almost regularly, she spent more time at home working, than free time spent with say me.

Let's just put it that way, she is less upset about it NOW than I am, as I am the one was deprived of a lot of time with her, because even if she was home, she still often sat glued to email and text.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's all about the burden of Proof. In this case your wife would have to prove that she was let go, demoted, or was discriminated against because of her sex. Remember burden of PROOF not opinion. So she would have to show to a "reasonable person" that because no other reason this has to do with Sex/age ect. If she could then you may have a case. However at that point the burden would shift to the NPO and they would have to provide significant reasoning. Maybe further qualifications of said guy, maybe a disciplinary or formal complaints if any on your wife.

If they could not then you may have a case. That being said, you cannot file suit for punitive damages. Therefore you would be suing to keep her job which could compromise workplace relationships and cause tension.

Either way it sounds like a tough situation and I hope it works out for you. I could be way off too. But that is my take.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would just advise to not play the race card unless you can prove it. Because nothing in the situation you have described warrants it being played.

That being said - sucks that this is going on. She needs to consider if she truly wants to consider working for someone like that. Instead of ranting here - PM JB and ask his professional opinion

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you said your wife was a minority. what flavor?

Latino if it is pertinent.

I call it shadowing when they do stuff like this and replace someone who never earned the title she worked two years to receive, and two more she has held it with ZERO "violations". As she puts it she has never been written up, and has been "untouched" because they have literally never had anything to complain about, not one word.

Here is the kicker, she put her in 2 weeks as I of course wont let them strip her of what she worked hard to get, and will be able to take it with her for quite some time The title which she wants to keep rightfully so, is Sr. Ambassador of Guest Relations, she went to radio stations and did promotional spots when they came up, but was solely responsible for managing guest relations day in and day out, and the staff that accompany it. Which the turnover is INCREDIBLE from her superiors (Salaried Board Members) in her department, they hire, and fire people with a revolving door, and have since the day she started, as soon as someone below her wanted to be full time and get benefits, they were soon let go.

So if you ever had a good time at a large museum of science in the city of Oklahoma, she was directly responsible for your pleasant interactions with front-line and floor staff, if something was not quite how you wanted in the Cafe, even though that is an Independent Business apparently....and they fixed it for you, she probably made it happen. She did not get to make decisions of what things cost or anything major like that, she never wanted that, she wanted to be directly responsible for your interaction with their staff. She sure as heck cared if kids came in and learned something, and had a good time, and that her staff treated you like with respect and care, in that order, nothing was more important or made her happier than teaching a kid about an exhibit while walking from a meeting to her office or the floor.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
When you stated "she gave her two week notice because you wouldn't allow them to strip her of what she worked hard to get makes me think you need to step back and let your wife fight her own battle. I'm 100% for supporting your wife, but forcing her to turn in her notice if she didn't want to, borders being a control freak.

I am sure the place of employment has their bases covered and have a legitimate reason (in their opinion) to do what they did. Unless you shadow your wife at work, you don't know the whole story.

Look on the bright side, you will have more time to spend with your wife during her new job search.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a business owner and even though I don't deal with circumstances such as this very often.....fortunately, Oklahoma is a fire at will state and anyone can be fired, demoted or laid off at any time.

Sticking with there must be more to the story theme.....he either posses a skill that "they" believe is needed to achieve a goal or to add value or she is not cutting the mustard. One or the other. Or is a combination of the previous stated and they are feeling the pinch from the economy (less revenue, higher taxes and more expensive healthcare).

Even though an employees attendance record is a factor in position changes, hiring, firing, etc.....it is a small part of it.

Me personally......when I post a position within my organization, I hire the best and most qualified candidate, regardless of age, race, sex, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom