Serious Question, Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off, all of this internet chat about the subject is worthless. Before tendering her notice or resignation, she needs competent legal counsel from an attorney specializing in employment law. There may be federal law violations that trump Oklahoma's "right to work" laws. Regardless, proof is needed. A verbal conversation about why she is being let go is not proof.

Some employers are stupid enough to go on record with violations of employment law. Some are not. It will likely boil down to how professional their HR manager is, and how much pressure they get from the top. Either way, I wouldn't make any decisions without seeking legal counsel, even if it's just for the sake of a negotiated separation from the employer. Something as simple as a glowing letter of recommendation would be worth it.

Have I mentioned seeking legal counsel?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except its a 2 party consent state, you have to tell people you are recording.

Well so far it has been a whirlwind from the VP wanting her gone, to the VP being relieved of her board member seat.

The president apparently did not know she was doing this, and he LOVES my wife, I am telling you, this was discrimination through and through, this vice president was taken to court just under a year ago, for having sexual relations with a SIGNIFICANTLY younger male employee, and tried to fire him when he broke it off (wised up, she is a beast), cost them quite a bit of $$$. Its all public record so no skin off the bear so to speak. Don't do the crime if you cant handle the time.

So that is the "more" to the story that people want, sorry to say its the opposite of what you might have wanted, instead of a young professional not being good at her job, she was TOO good, and threatened uppity status leeches. But when you keep quiet and do your job, sometimes maybe the people that should notice do! She gets an extra paid 2 weeks off and a nice pay bump.

It's awesome (sarcasm) how one of the only supportive people towards a woman on here, was a woman. I am not a hardcore feminist, but they should be paid and treated equally, when equal work is expected, and provided. A real man knows this. Not just my wife, but all of yours as well.

You were posting as I was typing. Glad to hear it worked out. Hopefully the work environment will improve with the removal of a toxic boss.

BTW, Oklahoma is a one party consent state, not two.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully so, also they are NOTORIOUS for talking about employees and firing them through their Exchange Email, and how I know this is anyone who is in management, gets each others emails, they delete them and think they are gone, nothing is ever gone in the digital world these people are clueless, my wife has everything setup so it is forwarded to another personal email, as her "work" phone is bought and paid for by US, not them.

2+ years of email conversations, and whatever that lady thought she could delete, could be retrieved by a Forensic Computer technician with relative ease, a donut, and a half hour.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were posting as I was typing. Glad to hear it worked out. Hopefully the work environment will improve with the removal of a toxic boss.

BTW, Oklahoma is a one party consent state, not two.

I don't know what state I am in half the time...."Is this Kansas, or Arkansas, no...wait...I am in Montana right now, gets tough and scenery BLENDS.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO.....:laugh6: I'm sure he gives out free legal advice to all members even though he can charge $300 plus per hour.:homer:

I would not ask JB for his time like that unless it was a wal-mart slip and fall, guaranteed payout. Ambulance chasing is an art. :rubhands:

And labor law is a labyrinthine in and of its own right, like just from what I can gather, them calling her all hours of the night sometimes up until 1am is illegal, unless they paid her a SALARY, which she does not get, it is hourly.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Except its a 2 party consent state, you have to tell people you are recording.

Well so far it has been a whirlwind from the VP wanting her gone, to the VP being relieved of her board member seat.

The president apparently did not know she was doing this, and he LOVES my wife, I am telling you, this was discrimination through and through, this vice president was taken to court just under a year ago, for having sexual relations with a SIGNIFICANTLY younger male employee, and tried to fire him when he broke it off (wised up, she is a beast), cost them quite a bit of $$$. Its all public record so no skin off the bear so to speak. Don't do the crime if you cant handle the time.

So that is the "more" to the story that people want, sorry to say its the opposite of what you might have wanted, instead of a young professional not being good at her job, she was TOO good, and threatened uppity status leeches. But when you keep quiet and do your job, sometimes maybe the people that should notice do! She gets an extra paid 2 weeks off and a nice pay bump.

It's awesome (sarcasm) how one of the only supportive people towards a woman on here, was a woman. I am not a hardcore feminist, but they should be paid and treated equally, when equal work is expected, and provided. A real man knows this. Not just my wife, but all of yours as well.

Unless it changed sometime in the last 2 years, oklahoma is a single part consent state http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.tel.tape.law.html

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO.....:laugh6: I'm sure he gives out free legal advice to all members even though he can charge $300 plus per hour.:homer:

MOST attorneys will give a free first consultation to discuss if there are merits for situations just as this. It gives them the chance to see if the ambulance is there and if it is worth chasing.

As far as the statement of make them fire her, don't give up. The difference is when she applies for another position, they will want to know; why she left? fired, why? resigned, why? Fired from last position may not set well with prospective employers. Again, not right, but reality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom