Shady Stuff at Hibbett Sports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sracatback

Marksman
Reaction score
Talk to the wife before you start making calls. Make sure you know what she wants to do.

Name: Hibbett Sports Corporate Headquarters
Street: 451 Industrial Lane
Birmingham, al 35211-4464
Phone: (205) 942-4292

Thanks for the info. I've talked to her and she's definately wanting to find another job. I'm waiting until that job is found before i start messing around too much.

ThaMastaChief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your service. :)

I must say that I am shocked that after only working there three months...she was told she COULD take off two weeks at Christmas, in RETAIL, in MANAGEMENT.

I know that most places don't even let you have ONE day off until after one year of employment. Especially in RETAIL, during CHRISTMAS, in MANAGEMENT.

I do hope you guys get the vacation you so desire with family. The time off in her industry just doesn't seem correct though.

Silly_Goose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you and your wife. I hate to say that I've heard of this happening before, especially in the retail world. I worked 2 years at Target, and my bro-in-law did 2 at Wally-World and now works for Best Buy. It sounds like it can happen anywhere.

They took advantage of your wife's team player attitude and she got the bad end of the deal. She's right to go looking for work somewhere else. At least her experience there should be great stuff to use in getting a better job.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the same thing my son just went through. They gave him a bigger title and more responsibilities, but no pay raise. They brought in an outsider to do the same exact job he was doing (one of the bosses buddies) at twice the pay. He saw the writing on the wall and quit.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should have gotten the promise of position and salary increase in writing whether it be on formal letterhead or through company email. If she has vacation time available then the demotion is a threat of retaliation. Most companies have a no retaliation clause. Whether she stays with the company or not this issue should be escalated to the corp management and HR. The other guy is S.O.L. on the position since she's already functioning in the role.

Meet force with force.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have told many a spouse or parent who wanted to talk to me about a student's college work or attendance, "Sorry man, I feel your concern, but they're over 18 and there are state privacy laws covering these situations."

Take a chill pill and stay out of it. Your wife is the only one that can deal with it. It's ain't the military and there ain't no IG! :sorry4:

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked retail in the early to mid 80's. I was a department manager that was promised an assistant store manager position. The store manager dragged his feet getting me started on the training, but I insisted and he reluctantly let me start.

Come to find out, the store was closing. They knew it, but never said anything to any of us.

Back then, retail was an excuse for slave labor. Long hours, wearing a suit, stocking shelves and getting verbally abused by a visiting district manager. Don't miss it a bit.

I know a few people in retail now and I guess you can really make some good money, but some things don't change (ie, long hours, workplace political BS, etc). Only retail I would do now would be my own company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom