sheds yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack482

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had I guy tell me if I took a cattle panel and four t post lay the panel on it's side about 2 feet off the ground and put corn under it you will get tons o sheds. I don't have land so I can't try it.
Has anyone ever tried this? Does it work?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had I guy tell me if I took a cattle panel and four t post lay the panel on it's side about 2 feet off the ground and put corn under it you will get tons o sheds. I don't have land so I can't try it.
Has anyone ever tried this? Does it work?

I haven't tried that, but suspect it will work. I've seen another "shed trap" where they put buckets of corn in bushes to do the same thing, and another where they use rubber bungie cords like truckers use, and put them around some corn. Lots of different ways I guess.
Kind of looking forward to some shed hunting. I take the atv and find deer trails. Just drive down the trails, and will usually find some.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen about 10 bucks in a bachelor group 2 days ago. About half still had horns and the others had already dropped. I'm gonna give it another week to start looking. I think this wet weather coming in thursday might help them drop.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Have my Lab hopefully trained to find and bring them back. He does a great job finding them around the pasture where I hide them. Looking forward to taking him out next week. Have friends who've been gathering cattle off of wheat and they have found quite a few sheds already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom