sheds yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we released some quail to work the dogs last friday. lots of rubs in the thickets but didn't have time to look for sheds. i'm gonna try to get up there this week and have a look around. should be some sheds around

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy and I went out today on the ATV's, riding 13 miles through the woods, and creek bottoms. Found a few, with a couple of nice ones. That biggest one in the pic would have been a mainframe 12 point if the other side matched.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and picked up the glass and pulled the window frames from the stand that some jackhat broke out. I picked up a cut up double bull blind that same jackhat cut up. I looked around for about 2 hours and didnt find any sheds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we rode yesterday, and found these. The second pic is our two day total.
While out yesterday, we came across these two hens. I don't think they had ever seen a human before, as they would just sit there while we rode within 10 feet of them. Finally decided to take some pics.
We left them right there, and rode on.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We knew that would be the first comment and laughed about it. Trust me they were live birds. Neither of us has ever seen them lock up so solid, and be so close. The first time we went by them they were on the other side of the wheatfield (narrow neck) They just walked away from us at that time. An hour later coming back through that area, it was pic time.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom