sheds yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just started managing a family farm so this year I really need to get out and find some. I like the idea of the softer bungee trap.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the backwoods show and my monthly contribution to the ammo stockpile, took the fam out to one of our small places to hunt sheds. Got shut out but seen alot of turkeys. Still a good day in the woods and it wore the youngin out enuff to have a relaxing evening!

fishnskeet

Marksman
Reaction score
I had I guy tell me if I took a cattle panel and four t post lay the panel on it's side about 2 feet off the ground and put corn under it you will get tons o sheds. I don't have land so I can't try it.
Has anyone ever tried this? Does it work?

My grandfather did this in a "W" shape with hog wire ,with corn at the points, had to check daily as the squirrels loved them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man! I don't know why you guys are finding sheds.
We have deer in the yard daily, and all are still sporting antlers.
I was at the farm today spreading fertilizer on the wheat fields, and saw several bucks, all with both sides. They have to start dropping pretty quick I'm thinking?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the lease sunday taking stands down and did a little shed hunting. Didnt find any but i did find a lot of new rubs, most looked fairly fresh?

I know it sounds weird, but When driving around the edge of the trees yesterday, spreading fertilizer, I went by a fresh scrape. Big one too. Kind of late for that as well. If its still there next weekend I'll take some pics.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The set was found about 20 feet apart, the second one from the right was stuck in a tree root in a creek bank, but I think it's old, the set is this year for sure, these were by Perry. Pretty good haul for one day, i'd say

ai142.photobucket.com_albums_r120_relentless93_d0791b83.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't do a shed trap. I've heard of them catching deer that weren't ready to shed and causing damages to their heads.

I've wondered about using the hog wire for traps for that very reason.

The shed traps that use rubber bungee cords that have a "casual hook-up" to an anchor point might be OK. In a distress situation, they could get away if the "S" hooks are left open, so they can release.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
Found this almost 60 inch side in a wheat field this weekend. Running several cameras for around 100 days a year, I still have not ever seen this deer before. I am looking foward to next deer season already. The 1911 is for sizing up the horn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom