Shooting a snake in town.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's what I was figured. I live in the deer creek part of edmond. We have a family friend that lives about 2 miles from us that found a rattler in their yard. So it's been going through my mind as a what would you do type thing.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using a pellet gun won't help you out with the city. It's all illegal. Shooting an Airsoft gun is as illegal as centerfire gun. In a fit of civic responsibility once, I emailed the city attorney once to verify that an Airsoft gun was legal. His answer was that any firearm that uses gunpowder or compressed air cannot be discharged in the city and that they'd prosecute. So, if you choose to obey the law, no pellets, bullets or BBs in Edmond.

Wow I assumed airsoft was OK in city. I'll have to check with tulsa city policies, not that it matters, just curious. I shoot airsoft all the time in the garage doing shooting drills on targets, just gotta make sure I keep garage closed ;). Of course everytime my garage is open you can see a silhouette target hanging on the wall :0

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it still legal to possess a hoe? My mom killed enough snakes with her garden hoe to fill up a truck..

I dont think you really posess hoes , you rent them....Oh? Ummmm, nevermind
Don't shoot it. You could do collateral damage (see above). A golf club works pretty well, and the irons make a pretty good snake stick if you know what you are doing.

Seeing many rattlers in Edmond these days?

In fear of your life/ your families life I think it would be justifiable.

I wouldnt want to be the test case for that case...jusayin

.Time to get the bow out , wait, actually theyre illegal to fire in town also.

.Guess youll just have to rent that hoe....;)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow I assumed airsoft was OK in city. I'll have to check with tulsa city policies, not that it matters, just curious. I shoot airsoft all the time in the garage doing shooting drills on targets, just gotta make sure I keep garage closed ;). Of course everytime my garage is open you can see a silhouette target hanging on the wall :0

I do the same in my backyard, just make sure the targets are backed up so I dont have to buy any windows, its also good practice for shooting in a crowd ....dont want to miss there... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom