Shoulder Impingement Surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really?!?!?? I had my right shoulder done probably close to 25 years ago it was THE single easiest surgery -- out of close to the 25 or so surgeries I've had so far.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They went in mine thinking I had a torn rotator cuff. Got in there and found it was "just" an impingment. The fluid was full of cartilage shreds, so they drained the fluid out, shaved a little off the ball joint where it was rubbing and put fresh saline in. I was shooting 3 days later. Yes, it was my dominant shooting arm.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really?!?!?? I had my right shoulder done probably close to 25 years ago it was THE single easiest surgery -- out of close to the 25 or so surgeries I've had so far.
Yes, although the surgeon did say it was the worst he has seen. However that was not comforting. I've had my right one done twice. The first was manipulation of frozen shoulder from dislocation and the second was torn labrum with either 2 or 3 anchors.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like stated above, it's not the same for everyone. My buddy had it a year and half ago. He still has pain and limited mobility. Dr has pushed to go back in, he refuses. Dr told him 34% chance of improvement, 33% no change, 33% worse.

Hope yours is great.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both shoulders, torn rotator cuffs and repair to right bicep tendon.

Surgery both times was a piece of cake. Very little pain post-op and during recovery. Sleeping sitting up for several weeks sucked, though.

Left shoulder was first in 2013. After PT started my improvement plateaued before I could get decent range of motion. 2nd surgery to remove scar tissue. Continued to full recovery no issues since.

Right shoulder/bicep tendon in 2019. Nearly the same thing. Developed a lot of scar tissue. Doc did a manipulation to free it up. PT and full recovery. No issues since.

I have a friend in CO who just had rotator cuff surgery on last month. He said it's the most painful thing he's been thru. Recovery isn't going well, pain is persistent. Weird...I had almost no pain. Yeah...everyone's experience is different.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did my right shoulder twice because it didn't take the first time. They even had me on this medieval torture device. When I was weened off of the machine, I still was in pain moving the arm but the time limit the machine was paid for by insurance ran out.

I_phone_Pics 232.jpg

I_phone_Pics 163.jpg

shoulder owie.jpg

The bruise is from being manhandled during surgery. They throw you around like a rag doll.

My biggest gripe, other than having to have the surgery twice, is the fluids they inject that take a year to get rid of. Mine settled in my hands and feet. I could not use my swollen hand for a year.

It took a year of physical therapy for my hand and foot to work the fluids out. The way they finally got my hand back to normal is they strapped my arm up above my shoulder on a rack and for 3, 15 minute sessions a day, physically kneeded and worked the fluids out of my fingers and hand into my arm and chest.

I could actually feel the fluids going into my lymph nodes under my arms.

As a result of this surgery, I have a partial grip in my right hand and I cannot make a fist anymore. I'm constantly in pain with my shoulder and hand and the surgery was in 2012.

I have lived with this since then.

I_phone_Pics 146.jpg

I_phone_Pics 141.jpg

I_phone_Pics 194.jpg
I_phone_Pics 107.jpg

All this from a shoulder impingement surgery.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had impingement surgery on my right shoulder. They took out 3 bone spurs, 2 of which were under my shoulder blade, and removed 1/2” from my collarbone. I was able to raise my arm over my head and was back to work in two weeks. I should add that my job is not physical.
As far as pain. It was very painful for a few days. More painful than my hernia surgery but the pain from my hernia repair lasted longer. I had to sleep in my recliner for 5 or 6 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom