Shoulder Impingement Surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had both shoulders done. torn tendons, reattached to titanium pin. Both surgeries were long recovery time. Do your PT religiously or you will lose range of motion. Do your PT religiously or you will lose range of motion.
Do your PT religiously or you will lose range of motion. Do your PT religiously or you will lose range of motion.

Seriously - I had been warned about this prior to surgery. A few days after surgery I ran into a guy (about 30 years old) that had had the same procedure. He was bitching because he had no range of motion, couldn't raise his arm over his head. He said "well, I didn't really do my exercises like I was supposed to..."

I laid in the floor with a broom stick forcing my elbow "under the gun" to make sure I didn't lose the ability to get proper prone position. Yeah, I may go overboard a little, but I'm 15 years on from the first shoulder, 11 on the second and can do just about anything I want.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rolling this around now as I need this type of surgery.

Seems it's either I'll be fine or I'll be f*cked.
That is true of ANY surgery. 🤷 I tore my right ankle up doing a RNG. Climbing a cargo net, of all.things. Anyway, doc said it was an easy fix. It' been a minute now and I still have trouble with that ankle -- pain when walking, you want me to run??🤣, neuropathy, swelling, weakness, stiffness, man I'm telling you the whole nine yards. 😔

Latest posts

Top Bottom