Show your tattoo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SERE Guy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Right Calf
I got the Honu done in Hawaii after a machete incident in Vietnam in '06. The gecko and the band connecting them were done in Maine a few months later.
ai154.photobucket.com_albums_s264_Fab45s_014_1.jpg

ai154.photobucket.com_albums_s264_Fab45s_013_2.jpg

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what the trend was all about on the kanji/asian stuff
'trend'? Maybe it just meant something to the person. I have some on me that is related to the martial arts I study,and is there out of respect,not because of a 'trend'.

I do it on other people on about a weekly basis. Britney Spears getting the wrong kanji on the back of her neck though is funny. I know its hard to believe but alot of people come into our shop for their very first tattoo and just dont know what type of tattoo they want to get. We do great custom work,but alot of them end up going to the flash books any way and about 1 out 10 people get some type of kanji. We try to study and then show the meaning of the characters. But I'm not Asian and while we do try to study and recreate the original brush stroke to make sure the meaning gets shown right some times people pick out characters just because they like the shape. When they pick out random characters then the meaning changes. So who knows what some of it means until an Asian person laughs at it or yells at them. Thats all on them if Asians get offended by what they picked out. Try to explain that 'trendy' bit of tattooing. IMO it shows their stupidity. The comediene Margaret Cho does a funny routine about non Asians getting chinese characters or kanji on them and not knowing what the hell it means.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My horse's name, had it done right before I left for college and couldn't bring him with me. I told my parents about it in church. They were way less shocked than I'd anticipated, their response was "At least it's not a guy's name." :rotflmao:

Only pic I have of, It's actually WAY darker black, it looks all faded in the pic but it's not. :)

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v666_onecrazycowgirl_img277_1_1.jpg

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have over 220 hours worth so I would not know where to begin. My entire back is done, both shins, both calves, I am getting a 10 hour piece on my inner thigh of a lithograph artist conception of Bumblebee from transformers. My favorite piece has to be my ship. My great grandfather was a ship builder and painter, and hand painted this ship on a hope chest for my grandmother back in 1942. It even has his signature and the date just as it was on the hope chest.

afarm2.static.flickr.com_1038_1387263921_e2d7b7abb2.jpg

My back piece took 52 hours alone. We did 2, 8 hour sessions back to back, then waited 2 weeks and did another 2, 8 hour sessions, then spread the rest over the next 2 months. It was don while I was going through chemo and is a portrait of me, looking at a mirror, reflecting on the chemo. It shows me lying in the bed hooked up to an IV, my nurse, and Jesus sitting on the foot of my bed with the word 'salvation' across the bottom.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3607_3400052704_f5f4fd498e_o.png

I also had a portrait of my grandfather done on my left leg.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3545_3399228257_cf311b4f67_o.png

Like I said, I have over 220 hours worth of work done and many more to go. It would take a lot to show them all but I will finish with one I got just from this very site.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3655_3403617956_901ace3baa.png

Tattoos are a therapy for me. I am in so much pain because of my cancer, that tattooing offers something my pain meds don't. When I hurt from the cancer, I can't just say stop, I don't want to hurt any more, but a tattoo, I can tell the artist to stop, and the pain goes away. Seems nuts but it is very empowering to have even just a little bit of control over something that has so much control of my life.

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have over 220 hours worth so I would not know where to begin. My entire back is done, both shins, both calves, I am getting a 10 hour piece on my inner thigh of a lithograph artist conception of Bumblebee from transformers. My favorite piece has to be my ship. My great grandfather was a ship builder and painter, and hand painted this ship on a hope chest for my grandmother back in 1942. It even has his signature and the date just as it was on the hope chest.

afarm2.static.flickr.com_1038_1387263921_e2d7b7abb2.jpg

My back piece took 52 hours alone. We did 2, 8 hour sessions back to back, then waited 2 weeks and did another 2, 8 hour sessions, then spread the rest over the next 2 months. It was don while I was going through chemo and is a portrait of me, looking at a mirror, reflecting on the chemo. It shows me lying in the bed hooked up to an IV, my nurse, and Jesus sitting on the foot of my bed with the word 'salvation' across the bottom.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3607_3400052704_f5f4fd498e_o.png

I also had a portrait of my grandfather done on my left leg.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3545_3399228257_cf311b4f67_o.png

Like I said, I have over 220 hours worth of work done and many more to go. It would take a lot to show them all but I will finish with one I got just from this very site.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3655_3403617956_901ace3baa.png

Tattoos are a therapy for me. I am in so much pain because of my cancer, that tattooing offers something my pain meds don't. When I hurt from the cancer, I can't just say stop, I don't want to hurt any more, but a tattoo, I can tell the artist to stop, and the pain goes away. Seems nuts but it is very empowering to have even just a little bit of control over something that has so much control of my life.

Mind sharing who does your tattoos?? Very nice work, I'm very interested to use this artist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom