Sig 938

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading my P238 SAS for a p938. Sig's site shows 17 variations for the P238 but only 4 for the P938. I really like the SAS variation I now have and would like to see it in the P938. I know they make more than the 4 they have shown (see the Night Mare in an earlier thread).

Does anyone know of a later source which shows more of the P938 variations?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't believe I stumped this crew. I know of the Blackwood, Extreme, Rosewood, Equinox and Nightmare. Anyone know of any others?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the specific variants. I just know I want one that isn't fancy since its going to get carried and I don't want to worry about it retaining its beauty.

I checked with Sports World last weekend and they don't have any 938s yet.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never mind! I finally got someone at Sig who seemed to know what he was talking about. These 5 are the only ones currently available.

I use this forum to talk to myself and work things out.

:homer:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the specific variants. I just know I want one that isn't fancy since its going to get carried and I don't want to worry about it retaining its beauty.

I checked with Sports World last weekend and they don't have any 938s yet.

Sooner show some (Extreme) in the classifieds. If I was in the City, I would go by and see about a trade. That's the only downside to living in Ardmore.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Give it a year and I am sure more variations of the P938 will be released... the P238 started out the same way with a limited number of models and now look how many there are.

I really, really, really like my P938. As soon as I can find an extra mag for it, it will become my EDC.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Year? Man, at my age, a year sounds like a lifetime. :D

I just made a deal with Sooner for an Extreme. I'm not real crazy about the grips, but I can learn to like them.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Year? Man, at my age, a year sounds like a lifetime. :D

I just made a deal with Sooner for an Extreme. I'm not real crazy about the grips, but I can learn to like them.

Congrats!! I found a pic of the Extreme. The grips are a little out there but look like they would wear well and that would work for me.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I picked it up. The grips are a little funky, but no big deal. It's like a P238 that's been working out a little. I think I'm gonna like it, especially for the increased firepower in a modest package.

For looks, my old SAS P238 was really cool. This Extreme comes off as a lot more utilitarian, even with the grips. But cool don't stop bad guys. What difference does cool make when you keep it under covers all the time anyway.

Sooner had a couple of these left. This model comes with 2 mags, by the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom