Sig 938

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give it a year and I am sure more variations of the P938 will be released... the P238 started out the same way with a limited number of models and now look how many there are.

I really, really, really like my P938. As soon as I can find an extra mag for it, it will become my EDC.

Thats odd..my Sig P938 Extreme came with an extra mag

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a couple of YouTube ass clowns who claim the P938 shots low on the first shot. I think they're just ignorant, fat slobs that like to slap the trigger.

How has the 938 shot for you guys? Good trigger? Good groups?

Mine shot really well...pretty much point of aim and grouped very well. Recoil is very low and it is very easy to do follow up...I don't know what the clowns on Youtube were doing wrong...but mine is a dream.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the fever and would like to get a 938 locally this weekend. I'll try Sports World. Anyone have any other suggestions for shops that may have one in the Tulsa area? As easy as FFL transfers are I just don't feel like messing with one on this purchase and would rather sign my life away locally. :P

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the fever and would like to get a 938 locally this weekend. I'll try Sports World. Anyone have any other suggestions for shops that may have one in the Tulsa area? As easy as FFL transfers are I just don't feel like messing with one on this purchase and would rather sign my life away locally. :P

Before you buy, put your pencil to the difference between an Extreme and a Nightmare (or any other model). I think the Extreme is the only one with two mags, one being the extended. New mags will run you around $40, or so.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before you buy, put your pencil to the difference between an Extreme and a Nightmare (or any other model). I think the Extreme is the only one with two mags, one being the extended. New mags will run you around $40, or so.

Will do, Ronny. I haven't studied the different offerings on the 938 to be honest. I really don't even know what the edition of 238 I have is called. I just know I love it! I'll get educated on them.

I've got one of the P938 Extreme's in stock, and will have 5 of the P938 Nightmares hopefully by the weekend.

Thanks. If I strike out locally, which is a good possibility, I'll give you guys a call.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you get it? Did you get it?

Not yet. I've been doing some research on them and trying to take all the good with the bad to form my own opinion. Some of the reviews on YouTube have been less than favorable, with one guy getting ready to send his back to Sig for the second time due to so many FTEs with any ammo other than Speer Gold Dots. Though the 938 isn't a range gun it would be nice to be able to run cheap WWB through it at times. I still have not seen the 938 in person and hope to at least do that this weekend. I really, really want one of these but I want to make sure Sig is good to go with this gun.

Very interested in what you all are seeing in the way of accuracy out to 7 yards as well as reports of any cycling issues, etc.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't been out yet. It's just too damn hot. The only reasonably close place I have to shoot is at my sister's place and those woods are full of ticks this time of year. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet in the next few days and go over to Hickory Creek NWR. They have a mickey mouse range. I guess I shouldn't complain. Sorry.

Anyway, as soon as I do it, I'll let you know. Like you, I plan to shoot my share of FMJ. I've got a bunch for my Marlin 9.

I read a lot of similar reviews on the P238 and waited to buy that one for about a year while they worked out the problems. The new ones now seem to run great. I'm hoping the P938 issues are resolved by now. Sig did a very good job of resolving issues with the P238.

Latest posts

Top Bottom