Sig P938

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhb33rd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're a 1911 style. Holds 7- 9mm rounds. Here is a picture of one compared to a Sig 365

Attachments

• sig.1.jpg
    sig.1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. I like it for the hammer, SA trigger feel, and pocket-sized carry. The only big issue I have with it is that the inside of the trigger guard raps the side of my trigger finger something nasty each time I fire it. I do have size L hands, though.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are a fine little pistol for their intended purpose. It really comes down to how much time you have trained with a 1911 style fire control meaning a pistol with a thumb safety. Do you want to have to remember to flick that safety off under a high stress situation? It is kinda small and fine motor skills are the first thing to go under pressure. Lots of training with that pistol can make it instinctive and you should be fine. If you switch up your carry gun with a striker fired or a double/single action like a Sig P229 that you can just grab and squeeze the trigger, then you may have issues if you need to deploy it to stop a threat. There's not much worse a feeling I imagine than going for your carry gun, pointing it at an attacker, start squeezing the trigger and nothing happens. Laying on the ground with your guts sliced open is a bad time to remember that you should have taken the safety off.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always wanted a Colt Mustang (.380 Auto) finally pick one up years ago -- Also always wished it came in 9MM.

https://coltusafirearms.com/colt-mustang-pocketlite-380-auto-carry-conceal-pistol/
In 2009 Sig Sauer debuted the P238 (.380 Auto) and in 2011 Sig brought out the P938 (9MM), in 2015 Sig brought out the P938 in .22lr and also made a P938 .22lr Target conversion kit.

P938 with .22lr Target Coversion kit:
P938-22-1.jpg
P938-22-2.jpg

I also pickup a P938 .22lr standard length, came with night sights and Rosewood grips, Like the Extreme grips better !!!!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are a fine little pistol for their intended purpose. It really comes down to how much time you have trained with a 1911 style fire control meaning a pistol with a thumb safety. Do you want to have to remember to flick that safety off under a high stress situation? It is kinda small and fine motor skills are the first thing to go under pressure. Lots of training with that pistol can make it instinctive and you should be fine. If you switch up your carry gun with a striker fired or a double/single action like a Sig P229 that you can just grab and squeeze the trigger, then you may have issues if you need to deploy it to stop a threat. There's not much worse a feeling I imagine than going for your carry gun, pointing it at an attacker, start squeezing the trigger and nothing happens. Laying on the ground with your guts sliced open is a bad time to remember that you should have taken the safety off.
Great review.
When my wife wanted a carry gun we went to three ranges in OKC to rent guns and let her shoot to see what SHE wanted to use.
The Sig P-938 was her choice. Loved the feel in her smaller hands and the recoil wasn't bad at all as she loves to shoot my 5" Kimber 19ll which has the same controls.
There is that thumb safety that some might not be familiar with so keep that in mind.
Since I've shot both the 1911 and striker fired pistols in competition, I don't have an issue with either platforms but some might if only using striker fired pistols.
Interesting this thread just came up as I'm looking at replacing my .380 pocket pistol and the Sig is certainly in the running.
7+1 capacity and some mags can be bought with pinky extension that makes it much more comfortable to hold.
Hand sizes can be accommodated with different grips as I had to replace my wife's for her smaller hands.
As has been said, very accurate small firearm.
The reason I've decided to change is because of reports of the mall shooter that got taken out by a good guy in a gun free zone that ignored that rule. With his CC he took out the bad guy at 30+ yards.
My CC mouse gun couldn't do that.
Not looking to be a vigilante, just needing to be prepared.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With his CC he took out the bad guy at 30+ yards.
My CC mouse gun couldn't do that.

Had a little chuckle at this! Dennis shot one of my pistols for the first time and rang steel at 300 yards!!

My wife has a P238 that she loves. It is easy to shoot and is very accurate for its size. The only downside is the lower round count.

Latest posts

Top Bottom