Sig MCX SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted back in 2014 about the release date of the Sig MCX. Since then I've seen that the long rifle and pistol versions are available. Any idea on the SBR version?
Any reason why it is not out yet?
Thanks in advance.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would probably be better off getting the pistol, doing the Form-1 and making your own while you can. Sig has been wishy washy with their rifles the last few years. They make one for a while, discontinue it then make a different model and repeat.

I got interested in Sig with the 556 Classic. Shortly after I got it, they discontinued it. Then it was the 556xi and it looks like they've dropped it and moved on to the MCX. Waiting to see what's going to replace it. And to make it worse, their parts are proprietary and they won't sell them by themselves.

They do sell piston uppers for the 516 that will fit any AR lower on their website. The parts are proprietary for it too.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only seen 1 MCX SBR for sale when I was liking the last few months. I ended up buying a pistol and will be submitting a Form 1 for it in the next couple of weeks.

duckhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would probably be better off getting the pistol, doing the Form-1 and making your own while you can. Sig has been wishy washy with their rifles the last few years. They make one for a while, discontinue it then make a different model and repeat.

I got interested in Sig with the 556 Classic. Shortly after I got it, they discontinued it. Then it was the 556xi and it looks like they've dropped it and moved on to the MCX. Waiting to see what's going to replace it. And to make it worse, their parts are proprietary and they won't sell them by themselves.

They do sell piston uppers for the 516 that will fit any AR lower on their website. The parts are proprietary for it too.

Nice!! Thanks for the info guys! Is it difficult doing the Form-1. Never been there before. I do not know the process. Any info would be great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom