Sig P938 range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mo, here's a pic of the P238 on top and the P938 on the bottom.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_IMG_0255.jpg

Good report, Ronny. Sounds like the Remington cases have a sharp edge on them and may be hanging up where the feed ramp meets the chamber. Just a guess. For me, the real question was whether the 938 could could be fed cheap Wally World WWB and it runs it just fine. So far I've been pretty impressed with the Winchester SXZ9 stuff from Bass Pro. The JHP runs great in any 9 I've tried it in and it's accurate enough for me. Cost-wise it's not bad either.

I'm curious on the Remington and want to try it in the 938. If it won't run there some other gun will eat it. Is that the normal green and white box stuff?

On the trigger, it's one of the complaints on the 938. I think at this point I'm ok with it and suspect it will improve with time and use. After all, it is a carry gun so I'd rather have it something other than touchy.

One addition: before taking the gun to the range I ran the barrel and slide through a sonic cleaner to remove the normal factory shipping grease and reassembled it with light Rem Oil.

I bet that Camp 9 is fun!

Last edited:
C

cpolesen

Thanks for the report I just talked to Sports World and asked them to put me on the list to call when they get some more. I told them I didn't want the junky black one like you have though.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason, they don't seem to be putting any out right now but the uglies.

Some day, perhaps we'll learn more about "happy feet".

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice range report, Flats. I'm liking the P938 and was pleased to hear yours functioned flawlessly on your trip. I'm looking at getting one as a BUG for my 1911.

Those two yardsticks on YouTube, who complain about the 938 shooting low on the first shot, have pretty poor trigger discipline. They slap and yank the trigger more than Fred Willard at a matinee.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom