Simple Question. Will you vote for Trump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How about today's endorsements from "establishment" republicans signaling that he will be nothing more than "business as usual"?

I mean I get the anger with they way things have been done, but can or rather will, he actually be equipped to fix them?

I mean obviously the wall is a load of bull, look at his record. Or is that unassailable to his supporters?

How do you see him restoring the rule of law, ensure life liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Equal opportunity but necessarily equal outcomes.

Or are we simply stuck with those who have more rights than others? Are too big to fail? Or "what difference, at this point, does it make?" Right?

Using our heads made our nation great, following out hearts without some basic analysis will not maintain, let alone repair it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about today's endorsements from "establishment" republicans signaling that he will be nothing more than "business as usual"?

I mean I get the anger with they way things have been done, but can or rather will, he actually be equipped to fix them?

I mean obviously the wall is a load of bull, look at his record. Or is that unassailable to his supporters?

How do you see him restoring the rule of law, ensure life liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Equal opportunity but necessarily equal outcomes.

Or are we simply stuck with those who have more rights than others? Are too big to fail? Or "what difference, at this point, does it make?" Right?

Using our heads made our nation great, following out hearts without some basic analysis will not maintain, let alone repair it.

The endorsements from establishments are likely coming from those that know he is going to be the next President and are currying favor. That's what all endorsements are about in the big picture.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the fact Trump has been an (r) for less than a year, a conservative never, is a known shameless opportunist, and more than a bit uncouth doesn't bother you in the least?

Comparing acting in movies with reality TV? Entertaining? I guess it must be, though I confess I don't get it.

So what about Trumps take on immigration? You know he contributed to 5 of the 8 in the gang of 8 who sought to join the administration passing "amnesty".

Know where he has in 2013 when that little battle was taking place?

Firing Dennis Rodman on Celebrity Apprentice....not exactly the kind of "in the trenches" leadership we really, really need these days...

Can anyone actually say they believe he'll stand on principle? Or his word for that matter, on anything? Is the "deal" enough?

With him, I fear we'll continue the slide in irrelevancy we've been witness too with this administration. An unnecessary shame really.

nope .. evidently it really doesn't matter either for a butt-load of folks all over America! personally don't agree with a lot of what Trump has said and/or done. what I'm convinced is the entire rest of candidates on both sides, gop and democrat are basically the same ... bought and paid for by sponsors, special interests, etc. etc.

Trump is the first in a generation that has created a movement .. call it what you will but a tidal wave of people have hope for a real change not bought and paid for by special interest. even the ultra rich whale $$ contributors to superpacs are scared of being called out by Trump.

=============

Mega-donors shy away from fight with Trump
Fearful of counterattacks, rich conservatives and their allies are mostly holding their fire.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/donald-trump-megadonors-219690

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The endorsements from establishments are likely coming from those that know he is going to be the next President and are currying favor. That's what all endorsements are about in the big picture.

More like what they did with the Tea Party. First, ignore them. Second, dismiss them. Third, minimize them. Fourth, demean them. And finally, embrace and co-opt them. For an example, see Marco Rubio.

That's what they're trying to do with Trump. If you can't beat them, pretend they're with you. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More like what they did with the Tea Party. First, ignore them. Second, dismiss them. Third, minimize them. Fourth, demean them. And finally, embrace and co-opt them. For an example, see Marco Rubio.

That's what they're trying to do with Trump. If you can't beat them, pretend they're with you. :(

That's the way I see it.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here a link to an article about trump's rally in Dallas yesterday. Perhaps a bit wordy but I think it points out some serious issues that serious people need to think about...

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/02/trump_vs_free_speech.html

A money quote ...

"The quintessentially Trumpian element of this very direct assault on the principle of freedom of speech is that the anger he is tapping into in this case – disgust with a duplicitous, subversive mainstream media – is completely fair and legitimate. The solution he offers – tossing limited government and the basic civility on which republicanism depends out the window – is the stuff of tragedy."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here a link to an article about trump's rally in Dallas yesterday. Perhaps a bit wordy but I think it points out some serious issues that serious people need to think about...

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/02/trump_vs_free_speech.html

A money quote ...

"The quintessentially Trumpian element of this very direct assault on the principle of freedom of speech is that the anger he is tapping into in this case – disgust with a duplicitous, subversive mainstream media – is completely fair and legitimate. The solution he offers – tossing limited government and the basic civility on which republicanism depends out the window – is the stuff of tragedy."
That's a blog. He is free to say anything he wants.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who else but Trump are making major donors afraid of getting their dirty laundry brought out in the open?

=========

The donors cite the lack of success of the few super PAC attacks that have already targeted Trump as evidence that such attacks have not ― and cannot ― halt his momentum. And they worry that, if they fund higher-profile attacks, they could come under attack from Trump, who this week fired a warning shot at one of the few major donors to the anti-Trump efforts, Marlene Ricketts, tweeting that her family “better be careful, they have a lot to hide!”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/donald-trump-megadonors-219690

=========
Donald J. Trump Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump Feb 22

I hear the Rickets family, who own the Chicago Cubs, are secretly spending $'s against me. They better be careful, they have a lot to hide!

Retweets 6,724
Likes 15,011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/701779181986680832

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Senator Sessions pointed out the obvious today when he endorsed Trump. This is not a campaign, this is a movement!
massive numbers of people are turning out for Trump all over the country. when 1,000 folks turn out for say Cruz, that's huge. vs Trump is filling up stadiums all over America.

Hmmm...a disingenuous, inexperienced, "celebrity" candidate capitalizing on populist dissatisfaction with "business as usual," filling stadiums....

Damn, that sounds oddly familiar.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm...a disingenuous, inexperienced, "celebrity" candidate capitalizing on populist dissatisfaction with "business as usual," filling stadiums....

Damn, that sounds oddly familiar.

sounds bites aside .. facts are only two candidates are bringing out people in mass ... Trump and Sanders .. like it or not Trump has touched a nerve that has turned into a movement. there are a LOT of folks out there sick and tired more business as usual!

IMHO that's why all the $$$ millions spent on negative ads against Trump are just sliding off of him .. the term teflon don comes to mind. look for more crap to come .. the negative ads are just getting started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom