Sleep Apnea..who has it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been using one for a bit over 10 years now. Recently got a new machine after study #2 with dr Jonathon Schwartz at Integris SW. get my stuff from Asbury medical Supply in N. May in okc. I have both obstructive and central apnea. Was having like 57 events per hour now down to just a few. It will change your life for the better. I had little trouble getting used to it once I got the right mask; now I strap in, close my eyes, and wake up refreshed 8 hours later, or earlier only if I set an alarm which I rarely do since I am an old retired bastage and refuse to work for anyone any longer. People used to say: “Aw, he passed away peacefully in his sleep”. Whatever. Poor SOB just stopped breathing and died is more than likely what happened. Make sure you get set up with a non leaking mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Norman Sleep Associates. The next door over is the DME. I got the resmed machine in 2011, and just upgraded to a new resmed air sense 10 this week. I tried many many masks. The nasal pillows (a mask that only goes into your nostrils) by far were the best for me and easiest to use. The newest version is very very easy to use and very comfortable. The air sense also lets you know how well you slept.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Airsense 10 here and use Aerocare for the DME. What ppl do not know is that some ins co's and or DMEs have the machines' built in modem send a daily report over a cellular network (the connection is no charge to you) but it's a privacy issue that some would not be comfortable with. Advantage to that is you can log on the website and see your results as far as leakage, apnea events, etc.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had sleep apnea since a teenager but it wasn't diagnosed until I was in my sixties. I received a CPAP from Lincare via Medicare in OKC called them several times for assistance and they never returned my calls. The CPAP and it worked for a year and I took it back the 3rd of Jan this year for repair or replacement and haven't heard a word from them since even though I've made several phone calls to them as well as corporate HQ. In my opinion, they don't care about their customers. Don't go there if you need help. The eliminated my account on Resmed/myair and I now have no record of compliance and if I want another CPAP I have to undergo a Titration study overnight or I won't get one through Medicare. luckily, I have a backup older CPAP so I'm not in trouble but others if they had no backup could be in real trouble.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Five plus years on the machine for me. Sleep Solutions in OKC for all the initial hardware. Amazon for all supplies since then.

Never slept better. Now, I can't sleep without it.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Norman Sleep Associates. The next door over is the DME. I got the resmed machine in 2011, and just upgraded to a new resmed air sense 10 this week. I tried many many masks. The nasal pillows (a mask that only goes into your nostrils) by far were the best for me and easiest to use. The newest version is very very easy to use and very comfortable. The air sense also lets you know how well you slept.
How was your experience with Norman sleep associates?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom