Sleep Apnea..who has it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using the pillows and most nights I don't fight it, but occasionally I have a little problem. Going in Thursday to get a new mask with a chinstrap and pillows with a larger size whatchamacallit that goes in my nostrils. I can tell after about five months that I'm feeling better.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No help from me as I'm not on a machine of any kind. However I did learn from this thread...

...never be an OSA moderator....dbleak and druryj both have sleep apnea.

As for snoring, my wife swears that the best thing that ever happened for her with regards to me snoring was when I had all my teeth pulled and got dentures.

Side note: We had a couple of ladies check into the RV park last fall for a tent site. Occasionally, we have someone that needs electricity at a tent site, but we were out of extension cords. This lady check with me and said she used a CPAP machine. I told her to not worry. I walked across the street to the True Value Hardware and bought a 100 foot cord for her to use. She was astounded that we paid for a cord out of our own pockets so that she could sleep comfortably. (If you call sleeping in a tent comfortable?)

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Resmed with Swift Nasal Pillows here. Great to have for preventing snoring and apnea episodes; not to mention supplied air when buried under the blankets during cold, rainy nights. I definitely get a better nights sleep and feel more rested. I've used a CPAP for 10 years now and have been thinking it is time for another sleep study to tweak the settings.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Glad your getting your study done. I was at my lease working and went into AFib. Tried driving home but got to the point where I couldn't see or even feel the steering wheel. My son came and got me and took me to the ER. Doc said apnea got me there and it will bring no me back if I don't do something. Well, he didn't have to tell me twice!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably have waking apnea
Yes I have it and LOVE my mahine, I lost a Soldier to Sleep Apnea in Balad Iraq in 2005, I now take it very seriously...
really? Jeez.
Always wondered about those deployment accidents, where a E4 cook gets electrocuted behind a fridge, or something non combat related. Casualties are causalities I guess

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Resmed 2nd machine in 10 years. Full mask bi-pap. I thought it was a bunch of huey, but after all the nagging and complaining about snoring I went and got tested. Glad I did, blood oxygen was at 51% episodes were +100. After 2 hours in the study they hooked me up to machine. An hour later they woke me up again and hooked me up to bigger machine. Doc told me at 49% to 47% your in stroke and heart attack area.
Have had several friends and relatives die from stroke and they were all heavy weights. Takes awhile to get used to it, but once you do you'll never go without one.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
lways wondered about those deployment accidents, where a E4 cook gets electrocuted behind a fridge, or something non combat related. Casualties are causalities I guess
Electrocuted in the shower was a bit of an issue early on, medical issues (too proud to tell anyone you are sick) happen, split rim wheels blowing apart while being worked on (not in the cage), choking on food eating alone and many other things happen.... Oh, more than a few that decide to off themselves. Weird world over there for sure...

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't realize how smart you OSA folks were! I guess I've got me some of this sleep apnea cuz my wife says pretty regularly she wakes up cuz she senses I'm not breathing. She gives me a shove and I start breathing again I guess. I sleep really really hard when I finally go to sleep so I didn't know she was doing this until she said something one day. Lol. I feel tired most of the time but I really struggle going to sleep. I figured it's cuz I've got a mind that's always building a project or something. I really really don't care for doctors visits but it looks like the treatments yall talk about really help and aren't just about Drs practicing medicine. Thanks yall

Latest posts

Top Bottom