Sleep Apnea..who has it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, there’s a cool app called MyAir that lets you record and track various things, it gives you a nice “score” and informs you of things like mask leak, events per hour etc.

My machine is fairly new and has all this info on it. I run the app also though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not me...

...now, to be truthful, I've never been "tested" to see if I have it, but from what is being described here, I don't seem to have any of the symptoms.

I'm just glad that those that have it are finding that the machines really help.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have OSA (both the sleep disorder and the forum) and the Resmed Airsense CPAP. I use a nasal mask as I naturally sleep with my mouth closed. The sleep doctor gave me a choice--come back for a titration study or take the Airsense CPAP. He said the insurance company preferred the CPAP as it was cheaper than the second study.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to wake up completely out of breath. This machine solves it and is confirmed by the VA (via stats from machine ) that it is effective. I do not enjoy the the uninterrupted sleep other folks talk about. I still wake every hour or two so don't expect this to be a cure all. But it is a deterrent .

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another benefit of cpap, Doc told me getting up to pee at night would improve with cpap. I didn't believe him, but as soon as I started using it, the nightly trips were cut in half. A year and a half in and I'm sold!

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the bad part, I'm only 52!

I'm 43...but know guys younger than me that have it. The sleep tech told me that the #1 "type" of person that has it are female athletes in their 20s.

Oh, and from what I've read online, as far as the sleep trend apps go, the one taht is highly recommended is called sleepyhead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom