Sleep Apnea..who has it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm. Now playing the wait game for my results... Told me 7 - 14 days. In the meantime, I've been reading a lot about cpap and masks, joined a couple forums... Actually scored a free mask... It's brand new as far as on the market... Hasn't been fully released yet, they guy giving it to me got it from his DME as a trial... Used it 2 nights and didn't like it... I asked him what he didn't like about it so Sent it to me free of charge to try out once and if I get a cpap. So far, the few people that have tried them love them. Hope it works withy goatee.
cb2d027e3405f5eb5150bf8c53bc94b8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i haven't been active on this forum for over a year, but got a new computer and decided to do some reading. This has been pretty eye opening. I deal with a lot of the same issues. Wife wakes me up several times a night, saying I quit breathing, I'm generally tired constantly, no matter how much sleep. I also sleep very deeply, and didn't realize I was having an issue. I think I'll put in a call to the Dr tomorrow. For you guys with beards, how does that work? I haven't been without a beard since I was 16 years old, and not sure how I could go without it. My kids and wife have never seen me without one.

I've put up with this feeling for too long man...and the more I read, the more nervous I get about treating it in time. I think it's great that you've realized that there is probably something wrong. That's the first step. I've been following a couple of CPAP/Sleep Apnea forums and there is a lot of great info on them...i've learned a lot since that first Dr's visit.

I've talked to a few guys on there that have beards and through trial and error found the right mask that seals for them. Keep us posted on your progress.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of you that have been diagnosed and are using a machine have any issues with sinuses? I was diagnosed years ago and got the machine and everything, but I could never get used to using it because with my sinus issues, I always felt like my head was going to explode with it on. I know that I need to use it (would have to go through testing and get a new machine again), but the sinus issue makes it REALLY difficult.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used a CPAP since 1994. I haven't spent more than a dozen nights without it since then. I'm on my 4th unit since starting therapy. I have worn a mustache and beard since 1978 which caused some problems with regular masks. I started using nasal pillows early on and still use that type now. I tend to mouth breathe and have been advised to use a full face mask. After trying several full face type masks I'm still with the nasal pillows. I get some leakage, but not enough to reduce the benefit of the CPAP. I do have occassional sinus problems it does make for some long nights. I just work my way through it and try to get as much CPAP time in as I can.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got the call i've been waiting for....Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea....now waiting for a titration test...had 79 events in an hour.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I slept a solid 8.51 hours last night, according to the report my machine gives me every morning. I feel like a million bucks, am alert, and ready to tackle the day's challenges. Life is so much better when you get the sleep you need. Imma go have coffee #2 and then go to the gym. Then I hope to get outside today and get after the yard and shrubbery and stuff. I really need to clean out a couple of flower beds for the wife, maybe the wind will lay down enough to let me do it. I guess my point is all this is because I got good sleep last night, thanks to the new auto-adapter machine I use, which is for both obstructive and central sleep apnea.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I slept a solid 8.51 hours last night, according to the report my machine gives me every morning. I feel like a million bucks, am alert, and ready to tackle the day's challenges. Life is so much better when you get the sleep you need. Imma go have coffee #2 and then go to the gym. Then I hope to get outside today and get after the yard and shrubbery and stuff. I really need to clean out a couple of flower beds for the wife, maybe the wind will lay down enough to let me do it. I guess my point is all this is because I got good sleep last night, thanks to the new auto-adapter machine I use, which is for both obstructive and central sleep apnea.

That is awesome...this is the stuff I like to hear..I keep reading so much negativity on facebook and other forums...not enough positive stories. I'm excited to try it tonight...not holding my breath on it going real smooth, but gotta start somewhere. My dr says that I more than likely will get a bilevel machine...we'll see.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many times have you heard about someone dying in their sleep? A lot. People tend to think that's an easy way to go. Sure it is. You're right in the middle of this great dream with this really hot chick and then... you just stop breathing...and you never start up again. Ya know, maybe that mask isn't so uncomfortable after all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom