Smithy for fluff and buff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a taurus .380 that is having FTE issues regardless of the ammo being used. Before I give up on it, I'd like to have it fluffed and buffed. Suggestions for someone in OKC to do this? I won't insult Olyeller by asking him to work on this gun.

B

luvmykalashnikov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus has a lifetime warranty if you want to send it in and have it fixed.
I had a pt 709 ss that would not extract, and called their customer service and asked for a new ejector.
I installed it and had no more problems,but I still decided to sell it and buy the wife something that I had faith in being totally reliable.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't insult Olyeller by asking him to work on this gun.
Well done - admitting to yourself that you have a problem, is the first step. Seriously, drop the Taurus and buy something better. Never own any gun that you will not be able to defend your life with. You never know, that may be the only gun you have within reach at the worst time. My $0.02

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I never get insulted from getting asked. Im usually quite gracious when I decline work. As far as I know.

Extraction issues wont be fixed by a fluff and buff.
I can check the chamber if its particularly tight, and ream it to specs, but its probably extractor related. Whether or not you have me look at it will probably determine whether you send it to Taurus or you pay me $35 to send it to Taurus.
Sorry for the bad news.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice everyone. I have thought about replacing it, but figured it would be better to see if it could be fixed first. I like the gun otherwise. Plus, I wouldn't feel right selling it someone knowing it doesn't work well all the time.

Thank you for the information Mike. Maybe I'll buy something else to carry and send it in to Taurus and see if they can make it perform better. Guess I should have gone with the LCP in the first place. :/

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom