Smokin' Saturday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem now is I like to cook more than I can eat! I am actually tossing some older stuff out after a few days! I don't really know how to cook "small" and with this stuff, freezing it after the fact ain't the best option, I don't think. When I do big batches of spaghetti, jambalaya, chili, enchiladas, meatballs and the like, I can freeze portions for later. Not really so with this stuff, I don't think. <sigh>

Gonna do a pork shoulder on Tuesday morning and take it to a clinic I'm volunteering at... I hope they eat it! lol

I don't know about your peppers, but with meat, after it is frozen for a 2 people serving put it in a shallow pan with about 1 or 2 table spoons of water and cover with foil. Heat in the oven at about 300 deg. I think it is like fresh cooked after it is hot.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here's another idea for the leftovers of the armadillo eggs....

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_Grillin_202014_008_zps1624269b.jpg

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_Grillin_202014_017_zpsdf659648.jpg

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_Grillin_202014_024_zpsf6546ae3.jpg

YUM.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man!

I'm in! I believe this will happen this weekend!

Thanks for the idea. I had no idea that cream cheese and smoke went so well together until I smoke that fatty a couple weeks ago.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'ma mix in some Tony Chachere's or some cayenne in the cream cheese next time. The ones who don't like flavor will just have to suffer without! ;)

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'ma mix in some Tony Chachere's or some cayenne in the cream cheese next time. The ones who don't like flavor will just have to suffer without! ;)
Try a taco seasoning packet mixed in the cream cheese. I sometimes smoke scotch eggs, today its bacon wrapped chicken chunks and homemade beer brats.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom