Snub-nosed Accuracy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hafta qualify every year for my agency with each and every weapon we carry on duty. This includes sidearm, patrol rifle, shotgun and any and all backup style guns, regardless of caliber.

I can usually shoot in the high 80s to low 90s with my Colt Cobra and my Ruger LCR, but with a Smith & Wesson J frame I usually score in the low to mid 80s.

I could score a helluva lot higher than that if it wasn't for the damned 50 yard line. :pissed:

So yeah, the accuracy is there if you do your part.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hafta qualify every year for my agency with each and every weapon we carry on duty. This includes sidearm, patrol rifle, shotgun and any and all backup style guns, regardless of caliber.

I can usually shoot in the high 80s to low 90s with my Colt Cobra and my Ruger LCR, but with a Smith & Wesson J frame I usually score in the low to mid 80s.

I could score a helluva lot higher than that if it wasn't for the damned 50 yard line. :pissed:

So yeah, the accuracy is there if you do your part.
50 yard line? I thought CLEET changed it to 25 max.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 2 1/2" Smith in 38 special once that I just couldn't miss with. Wound up selling it to my uncle for him to carry in the armored car. Hadn't really thought about it until now, kinda wish I had it back.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understand! I cheated a bit. I fitted a much oversize Pachmayr grip to my J-Frame when I was having to qualify with it MANY years ago. It to be the same gun but it didn't say it had to be carried in the same configuration! ;) The 25yard shots sucked, the 2 from 50 really sucked!

I don't think they make these anymore.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160704_bdf6d4a1b7e3cb23b13c9d1e83787688.jpg

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the range I visit goes up to 25 yards for its pistol spot. My main carry is a $mith and Wesson 637 which is in my profile picture and I shoot it each time I go. I've never, not once, hit the target I post at the far end.

I kinda suck though, but nobody who've I let try has either lol. I can easily hit 5-10 yards on my homemade shoot n sees made from regular construction paper. Here's my set up with an example of a couple targets I riddled at about 10 yards.

1487370_1055865271145044_4449446834581358624_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom