So many choices, lets narrow this down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put together an AR lower yesterday from one of the three I have laying around. Timney drop in 3lb trigger, and some magpul furniture.
I've got a Nordic semi stripped upper complete with dust cover and forward assist to build on.
Basically I've got to decide on what caliber to build.
Already have an AR platform .243WSSM that launches a 100 grain bullet at 3400 or so FPS. Several other AR's in .223 with different twists for different purposes.

Looking for suggestions of other short action rounds, and why you would suggest them.
I like long range shooting, but for real, this gun will be for hunting. Living in the open western half
of the state, with no pigs in my area is another consideration. I'd like it to be a Deer legal caliber, not a .204 or something like that. Not opposed to a big caliber thumper as there is the occasion for short range shooting.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend who was wanting a .243 in an AR pattern. It's not super-exotic, and I don't know what advantages it might have in certain situations over some of the others mentioned. But it's something you don't hear about in an AR pattern much.

I'm assuming this has to be something you can reload for, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom