So many choices, lets narrow this down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For those who suggested them, neither .243 Win nor .260 Rem are AR-15 compatible calibers.

I'd probably suggest 6.5G based on the part of the state you're in and the likelihood of shooting at 300+ out there.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For those who suggested them, neither .243 Win nor .260 Rem are AR-15 compatible calibers.

I'd probably suggest 6.5G based on the part of the state you're in and the likelihood of shooting at 300+ out there.

His deer feeders are only 15 yards away though lol!!!!!

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might consider the 25-45 Sharps. It's capable of 3000 fps with an 87gr projectile, furthermore it's just 5.56NATO brass literally only necked up to accept a .257 caliber projectile, so it requires no specialized parts other than the barrel. With pills ranging from 55gr-100gr being manufactured for all kinds of different purposes, there's a lot of versatility to be had from that round. Barrels are available online through distributors, or directly from Sharps, as are reloading dies. If I could afford a "specialty caliber" AR, this is the caliber I would choose

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might consider the 25-45 Sharps. It's capable of 3000 fps with an 87gr projectile, furthermore it's just 5.56NATO brass literally only necked up to accept a .257 caliber projectile, so it requires no specialized parts other than the barrel. With pills ranging from 55gr-100gr being manufactured for all kinds of different purposes, there's a lot of versatility to be had from that round. Barrels are available online through distributors, or directly from Sharps, as are reloading dies. If I could afford a "specialty caliber" AR, this is the caliber I would choose

Does this use the same 5.56 mags? Obviously, the bolt would be the same...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6mmAR is the correct answer!!! ;)
http://www.6mmar.com/Page_1.html

On the other hand - if 223 isn't "working" in AR-15 - AR-15 is your problem, not 223.
.223 Works fine for me. I've killed a dozen or so deer with it. None ran over 40 yds without expiring.
I'm just building another AR for fun. Thought I'd do something different. Your link is interesting since I already load for the .243WSSM in the AR platform.
You've been gone for awhile. Welcome back!

Latest posts

Top Bottom