So much for Green the Vote. Recreational MJ will not be on the ballot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Why stop there? Why not legalize cocaine, heroin and PCP? It's all about freedom, isn't it? I mean who cares about the rest of us who have to pay for hospitalization, rehab and incarceration of dopers, druggies and pot heads. Libertarianism is a theoretical construct that can only exist in a perfect world with perfect people. Do you know how to create a libertarian? Just take a conservative and remove all common sense.

How about alcoholics, smokers and prescription abusers!! Those are all legal, your paying for those, by your thinking!! I am a grown ass man and do not need the government telling me what to do in my own home !! Some will take a gun and shoot up innocents, some will smoke weed 24-7 , some will drink too much..it is human nature, but most folks get up go to work ,pay the bills and would like to hit a blunt so they can sleep pain free and did I mention sleep!! Nah I can't do that but I can take an ambien and possibly wake up in another county or even worse after running some over, but hey it is legal so it must be OK!!
Every one must conform to the rules needed for the 3% of asshats who need Uncle Sam to tell them how to behave!!( sarcasm a whole bunch)

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why stop there? Why not legalize cocaine, heroin and PCP? It's all about freedom, isn't it? I mean who cares about the rest of us who have to pay for hospitalization, rehab and incarceration of dopers, druggies and pot heads. Libertarianism is a theoretical construct that can only exist in a perfect world with perfect people. Do you know how to create a libertarian? Just take a conservative and remove all common sense.

Okierider said everything I would have said. And newsflash, buddy. WE pay for all those things (and more) now. I don't miraculously not have to pay for **** I don't want to because I'm more libertarian leaning than you are. Oh, if only ... THAT would be a perfect world.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a bunch of “shall not be infringed” types, there’s a whole lot of y’all who want to help other people - who you think make poor choices - by prohibiting something that you think is harmful and thus shouldn’t be accessible by the common people who can’t make decisions for theirselves. Oh how helpful. You sound like a bunch of holier than thou Democrats.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of opinions in this thread, but very few facts. The fact remains, a habitual weed user cannot own a gun under federal law.
Doesn't even have to be an habitual user, just a user.

I haven't seen anyone advocating illegal activities here. I have seen people advocating a change in the law.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As all things are cyclic, let us regress to the early days of the 'ol west and a tad bit later when men were men and sheep were scared. When a hoe was a hoe, when women knew their place, when children were seen and not heard, when a coke had coke in it, when Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup was touted as an indispensable aid to quiet bawling babies and teething tots, and it packed a wallop of an ingredient: morphine. When opium controlled coughing and diarrhea. When arsenic and mercury was used to treat syphilis before the introduction of penicillin in the 1940s. When heroin tablets relieved asthma symptoms. When Cocaine drops were issue for toothaches. When we thought we knew what was best for ourselves and others... At any given time in the history of mankind there are those that felt they are the subject matter expert on any and all things, of what is good and what is bad. Opinions run rampant as to benefits of the Pill, HPV injections, Vasectomies, Medical MJ, Penicillins, Smallpox vaccines, what causes and what cures Ebola... Why we wear seatbelts today but not 40 years ago. How many bullets are enough for a defensive self protection situation. Whether AR's are sporting rifles or assault rifles. When 18 year olds can be drafted, join the Military, vote, drive, have sex, but not own a gun or drink. Whether .45 or 9mm is the best self defense round, etc, etc, etc.. What is considered bad today will change and what is considered helpful today will evolve as well.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Because the mechanism for the perceived addiction and effects on the person are significantly different. This concept is probably a little too deep of a discussion for some of the naysayers around here though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom