So much for Green the Vote. Recreational MJ will not be on the ballot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Choices have consequences. You exceed the speed limit hoping that you will not receive a ticket. Fudge a little on taxes hoping that you don't get audited. The list is endless. Marijuana and firearms currently are not to be mixed. Proceed at your own risk. The consequences of making that mix are currently very costly. If a person sincerely is not addicted to mj, then they should be able to abstain until the laws are changed. And likewise, if they are unable to abstain, they may have a bigger problem.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone who habitually smokes weed and owns a gun (or guns) is breaking the law. That is a fact.

Right, that wasn't in question. I was providing governing someone smoking weed doesn't save society in the same manner governing murder or other types of malicious crimes would. I know there's quite a bit of refer madness mentality around here but I'm not seeing any compelling arguments otherwise.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, that wasn't in question. I was providing governing someone smoking weed doesn't save society in the same manner governing murder or other types of malicious crimes would. I know there's quite a bit of refer madness mentality around here but I'm not seeing any compelling arguments otherwise.
Lots of opinions in this thread, but very few facts. The fact remains, a habitual weed user cannot own a gun under federal law.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself but the recreational vote has never about getting high for me. It is about personal freedom. I would NEVER give up one right to get another. That gets you nowhere fast.

Why stop there? Why not legalize cocaine, heroin and PCP? It's all about freedom, isn't it? I mean who cares about the rest of us who have to pay for hospitalization, rehab and incarceration of dopers, druggies and pot heads. Libertarianism is a theoretical construct that can only exist in a perfect world with perfect people. Do you know how to create a libertarian? Just take a conservative and remove all common sense.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Why stop there? Why not legalize cocaine, heroin and PCP? It's all about freedom, isn't it? I mean who cares about the rest of us who have to pay for hospitalization, rehab and incarceration of dopers, druggies and pot heads. Libertarianism is a theoretical construct that can only exist in a perfect world with perfect people. Do you know how to create a libertarian? Just take a conservative and remove all common sense.

We are not discussing cocaine , heroin or PCP.
And Libertarians must really be on your mind to even start spouting off about them in a MJ thread!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom