So nobody wants to shoot at long range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but are there any public long range shooting ranges (500+ yards) ANYWHERE in OK? Badlands and OKCGC are out of consideration since they aren't public.

It's not like we're short on land in OK, either. :scratch:

I'd hate to have to drive down to TX to really test my firearms abilities, but it seems like there has been little to no development of long range shooting places in OK within the past 10 years or so. Seems like any development, at all, has been toward making gun ranges into 'get away from the wife' hangouts (let's put all the money into a clubhouse where you can tell stories on or take a nap) or shotgun-focused competition areas. It's hard to believe there are actually serious shooters in this state..

I know there are some magnum caliber folks here who must be cringing when stuck shooting at 100-200 yards... :wave:

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKCGC is not that expensive to join and when they shoot high power or other long range events it is open to non-members. Only goes to 600 but that is a good start.

P

point and laugh

Green Country Safe Shooters gun range is almost finished with their 500 yard range. It would have been done for this weekend, but the rain has stopped the dirt work for another couple of days. It should be completed by the end of the month.
www.greencountrysafeshooters.com
Look them up on facebook too.
They're between Collinsville and Oologah just off of hwy 169. They have a very nice range. Pistol range to 30 yards. Rifles to 225 soon to be to 500 yards. They have 2 clay throwers. They sell ammo,targets, clays, snacks and drinks and they will have a sandwich and snack shop open by the end of the month also.
Open to the public. The daily rate is $10 to shoot pistols, $20 for rifles, if you pay the $20 you can shoot pistols too. Very nice covered shooting paddock with the nicest benches I've ever seen at a gun range.
Going south on 169 toward Oologah, turn right on 4080 road, there is also a sign that says Wann Cemetary, by the white metal church building, I think the sign says Oologah Church of Christ. Go about a mile and you will run right into it.

P

point and laugh

green country has a 500 now? i might have to check them out
Last weeks rain really slowed them down on the dirt work. It's almost done, they have to get some fence finished before the insurance company will approve it. It's going to be really nice. They will have electronic reactive targets on the 500 range similar to what they have on the 225 now. And they are putting a very nice camera on the targets with a monitor in the shooting bunker. They have a golf cart to use to go out to the targets too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom