So nobody wants to shoot at long range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last weeks rain really slowed them down on the dirt work. It's almost done, they have to get some fence finished before the insurance company will approve it. It's going to be really nice. They will have electronic reactive targets on the 500 range similar to what they have on the 225 now. And they are putting a very nice camera on the targets with a monitor in the shooting bunker. They have a golf cart to use to go out to the targets too.

Sweet! That reactive target at 225 was a blast to shoot at, can't wait to hit one at 500! Bunker? Also, which direction from the current shooting area is the new 500 yard range going? A friend and I were looking at google maps trying to figure out which direction a 500 yard range might fit out there.

P

point and laugh

Sweet! That reactive target at 225 was a blast to shoot at, can't wait to hit one at 500! Bunker? Also, which direction from the current shooting area is the new 500 yard range going? A friend and I were looking at google maps trying to figure out which direction a 500 yard range might fit out there.
When you exit the shooting paddock, go left about 150 feet (east if your looking at google maps), along the south side of the pistol range, the skeet area will be to your right. Go down the stairs to the bunker. They have dug into the hill that the skeet range is on and made a 7 foot deep bunker with tunnels heading south and slightly west. Theres an open uncovered area across the back of the lanes so it's not like a cave, the tunnels are about 25 feet long and are covered with large timbers and several feet of dirt. If you look at google maps you will see a little pond straight south of the skeet range, you are shooting directly over it. The roofed tunnels prevent you from missing the berm and sending lead off the range, they also totally sheild you from the next lanes muzzle brake blast. The benches are the same as the ones in the covered paddock, very nice and very solid.
I would estimate the removed trees made about 5 or 6 thousand ricks of wood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom