So, What Are Your Thoughts About The Mother Of The School Shooter Being Convicted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The age of the child is irrelevant. I and i'm sure many have had guns since we were young. 11 in my case. And was able to walk to the rural creek and blow things up. and I didnt follow that path. 99.9% wont. This is an issue of reading the child as a parent. And removing access to the weapon IF they see or hear things of concern.
It clearly says in my quoted message that they knew the child was having mental issues and bought him the gun anyway. It doesn't get any worse than that and I can't believe anyone would defend the parent's negligence.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It clearly says in my quoted message that they knew the child was having mental issues and bought him the gun anyway. It doesn't get any worse than that and I can't believe anyone would defend the parent's negligence.
Your quote grouped ALL kids by age. Just because this kid had issues does not mean most will. Read mine again if that part was missed.. being UNDERAGED is irrelevant.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I hand my 3 year old child a gun and they walk next door and shoot my neighbors I’m responsible and liable for their actions. So what about a 4 year old? A 5, 6, 7, 8, etc…? At what point am I no longer responsible and liable for my child’s actions?

Last edited:

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The age of the child is irrelevant. I and i'm sure many have had guns since we were young. 11 in my case. And was able to walk to the rural creek and blow things up. and I didnt follow that path. 99.9% wont. This is an issue of reading the child as a parent. And removing access to the weapon IF they see or hear things of concern.
As criminally negligent as the parents were, there is no law making parents criminally liable for a child's actions. The court made that up on the fly and it will never stand. On the civil side however, the parents will get soundly spanked for gross negligence.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already on their agenda. They keep suing the gun manufacturers saying they are responsible for an inanimate object that doesn't kill anyone by itself. It takes criminal human interaction to make that happen.
yet you feel the mother has a responsibility when someone else acted out. hold the person responsible accountable, no one else. this has as much legitimacy as holding a parent responsible for a car accident that kills someone.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once Upon a Time in America-
There were MANY guns being fired in & at schools.
Schools actually taught useful things back then too-
Like higher Math, Writing (even in Cursive), Chemistry,
Wood Working, Welding, Machining, & Auto Mechanics.
All just down the street, at your local High or even Middle
School.
Oh; and all the shooting that went on?
Well; it was mostly inside the Gym (in your urban locations)-
with competent instructors & safety precautions.
Perhaps more rural Schools maintained their own outdoor
Archery or Rifle Ranges.
A young student might even carry a shotgun to school,
& hang it on the Principal's gun rack so as to bag a bunny
or a few quail for supper in the surrounding fields on his
way home to dress his game. After Mom cooked them up
with homemade gravy, & some canned green beans from
last Summer's garden, he'd settle in to do his Algebra
homework & maybe fall asleep reading the Classics.
True Story.

But Leftists have long declared this type of Lifestyle
to be 'Unsustainable', & worse. So things are MUCH
different now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yet you feel the mother has a responsibility when someone else acted out. hold the person responsible accountable, no one else. this has as much legitimacy as holding a parent responsible for a car accident that kills someone.
If the parents gave a vehicle to a child that didn't know how to drive or knew that child was under the influence of drugs or alcohol killing someone in a crash, the parents would certainly have been charged with a crime.
No different that an adult holding a party with underage kids, feeding them alcohol and then letting them leave the party intoxicated, later causing a crash that killed someone is also a crime that has many times happened in courts of law.
No different than buying a child that is mentally challenged a firearm and allowing them unfettered access to it, even after school officials showed the parents drawings the shooter made depicting shooting others. The parents chose to ignore it and refused to pull him from school.
Parents and grandparents have been charged in the past when leaving firearms unsecured and the child using them in a shooting. Happens all the time.
I don't understand the big uproar about this one case.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with all that has been said. My concern is in how the ruling may be used in future cases, by leftists.
Agree. And yet we still have irresponsible gun owners everywhere. How many gun friend etc do we know that have a boatload of guns but not a one in a safe and store them under their beds?
How many poorly secured “truck guns” are out there?
If IF I were a felon and needed a gun to do bad, I could get one in a couple hours and not get shot doing so. (Sooner if it were night)

Latest posts

Top Bottom